cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: to have different 2 key dates to show time-dep master data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All -

I would kindly like to ask your suggestion in this challenges.

In our Finance report e.g AR Report, we have 2 Year to dates of Key Figures. 1) Current Year to date, and 2) previous Year to dates. We want to have the report shows time-dependent master data navigation attribute based on this 2 year to dates.

I am thinking to have 2 Key Date selection parameter in the report e.g. 1) Current key-date, and 2) Previous Key-date

The report above will show COLOR as per key date. If the posting is 'Previous YTD', the COLOR will show based on 'Previous Key Date', and if the posting for 'Current YTD', the COLOR will show based on 'Current Key-Date'.

The question are:

1) What to do for customization if we want to have 2 key dates in Query or Report? If you have experience it before, could you please share?

2) If you think that there is other way, feel free to share it.

Many Thanks, and really appreciate your suggestion & advice,

Cheers,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naomi,

when working with query on cube or multi provider, you can only use one key date for master data - there is only one field for the query where you can do the selection!

You might be able to do something creating an info set where you include the cube for the key figure and the info object with it´s master data as a data provider - probably both you will need twice to be able to do different settings and selection - but this will be tricky.

For this report requirement you seem to have the wrong data model. In this case the time dependent data should be no master data but part of the transaktion data.

So you should think about changing the data model.

regards

Cornelia

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you can use Workbook or BO ,try creating two queries with different key date .

First query will have current YTD and second one will have previous YTD.

Then Merge based on customer .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cornelia -

Thanks for your advice:

1) Use Info Set to temporal join between master data, and transaction.

Comment:

We are using multicube for reporting. Are you saying that we should put infoset into MultiCube?

2) Modelling the time-dependent master data as a info object in transaction (Cube).

Comment:

Thanks for this, i will analyse if we go to this option.

Btw, I am also thinking to use Virtual Characteristic, but the performance will be expensive, like using Info Set.

Feel free for your comment,

Is there any other backend door that we can use e.g. to use BADI Exit.

Appreciate your feedback,

Thanks,

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naomi,

1) no, I am saying that you had to use a query on top of an info set,

but I would rather go for the second option, it will be less compicated.

regards

Cornelia