cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnostic agent not found error in manage system configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Our Production systems are in cluster environment and having issues with step assign diagnostic agent step in manage system configuration. In one system the agent is not connected to app servers and host agent status is giving warning as no agent with id is currently connected to solman. For one system dia agent is connected to app server and CI but not to DB . we have updated the host agent and tried SMD scripts still having the same issue. Please help me in resolving this issue as most of the systems are effected.

Few diagnostic agents status shows as not connected.

Screenshot attached.

Thanks,

Abdul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

The first thing you should do is to check in the Agent Administration if the agent is listed there among the connected agents.

In case the agent failed to authenticate during connection, it will be under tab "non-authenticated" and you'll need to perform a "push credentials" to correct its credentials.

If the agent is not appearing in the agent Administration, then use the procedure in the following KBA to connect the agent directly to the Solman:

1907909 - How to connect Diagnostics Agent to Solution Manager system directly by using smdsetup script

If the agent is connected and listed in agent administration, check if you haven't wrongly assigned this agent to a different host already. this way it won't be listed if you try to use it again.

best regards,

Fabricius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additionally, you should have one agent per host. In case of logical hostnames being used, refer to the Agents on-the-fly settings you'll then need to perform:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Diagnostics+Agent+and+HA+Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabricius,

Thanks for your reply. Agents on fly is used and for one system I cannot see the agent in agent administration and tried SMD scripts to connected, didn't work. For other system Agent is showing up in Agent administration but under offline agents and agent status in manage system configuration shows as stopped/not connected.

Thanks,

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abdul,

Did you manage to resolve the issue? If so , please share the learnings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

I hope you are using Agents on fly, if not please install the DAA agent on Physical/Virtudal host and further activate agents on fly on logical hosts.

Regards,

Jaskirat Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaskirat Singh,

Yes we are using Agents on fly feature and activated agents on fly on logical host from manage system configuration/hosts. For few logical/physical hosts agent is not connected. I ran SMD scripts to connect but still it shows not connected and I few hosts i can see in offline agents from SMD administration and few doesn't exists in SMD administration tab.

Thanks,

Abdul

rahul_yedapally
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

last few days back , we faced same issue and its Resolved

Please check below ports are opened from both ends(solution manager and satellite  system )

81*instance Number =  8101

when we observe in logs 8101 port will convert this into 50004 port

above Three  ports must be opened , let me know if any issue

Thanks,

Rahul Yedapally

ruth_reilly
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos