cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repository on DB2/zOS

0 Kudos

Hello,

is there anybody out there who has installed the PowerDesigner repository on a DB2/zOS V10? We did so and are facing some bigger issues like timeouts and deadlocks and the performance does not seem to be that good.

Maybe someone who has also installed the repository on a DB2/zOS could share his experience we me and maybe also the configuration of the DB2?

Best regards,

Simon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

We have customers installed Repository on DB2 z/OS v10 either, it works fine.

I have ever solved some issues on it, which are major on permission and administation issue.

If you can detail your problem, I could try to help.

Lucy

0 Kudos

Hi Lucy,

Thank you for your answer and your offer helping me.

We are using PowerDesigner 16.5 SP4 PL3 (64 bit) and installed the corresponding proxy server.

We are facing the problem that it is quite impossible to use the repository with more than 1 or 2 users due to time out and deadlock error messages.

While one user is checking in a document into the repository, the other users are not allowed to perform any action against this or other documents and receive the error message:

[IBM][CLI Driver][DB2] SQL0913N Unsuccessful execution caused by deadlock or timeout. Reason code "00C9008E". SQLSTATE=57033

The configured lock level on the database is ROW but we also tried ANY.

Deleting a simple model (e.g. RQM with 3 requirements) from the repository takes around 45 minutes.

Hope this information is sufficient for you. Or do you need more details on the configuration of the database?

Best regards,

Simon