cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock deficit issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

As part of learning process i was performing a basic Order to Cash cycle in our test environment. The process starts with creation of a Sales Order --> Delivery Order --> Transfer Order --> Invoice --> Payment Realization.

Here I created an Order with material "X" for 100 quantities, there is no avaliability check process. Then i created a delivery, where the picking tab was greyed out and when i read through the discussions i could identify that i had to perform Transfer Order process, which can be performed through subsequent function in the menu tab or using a t.code LT03.

After completion of the TO creation my picked quantity field is in editable mode and it got updated as 100 quantity. There after i tried to perform PGI then i got an error message mentioning that the SL (storage location) is having a deficit of 43 quantity. Then i manually reduced the delivery quantity and picked quantity to complete the process.

My question is - why the error message is not appearing in TO about the stock deficit in storage location? Is there any setting or configurations which can help the user to restrict or warn while creating the TO mentioning the deficit in stock level.

The questions might look very basic for experts. As a beginer I am new to such scenarios it would be really helpful if someone can guide me understand this scenario.

Regards.

Vinu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as i understood:

Delivery Quantity means-*Qty required to deliver*-Here you retrieve the available stock either from one Ware house or more than one ware house.

Transfer Order: A numeric number identifies the Movement of stocks from single ware house..

If your requirement is While TO creation-System has to restrict by comparing this TO with delivery qty--Then you are restricting your own functionality to a single ware house--Is it what you are seeking for??

Pl Confirm..

Phanikumar

prema_nellore
Discoverer
0 Kudos

While doing stock tranfer through subsequent functions from sales order,

TO will be created, then you should confirm the TO through LT12 transaction, if there were insuffeciant stock it throw error at the time of confirmation.

If you find shortage of stock , cancell the TO through LT15, and adjest accordingly and redo the delivery.

Or post the stock asper your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear prem kumar,

If we wont activate "stock transfer requires confirmation" while defining storage type in lean ware house.....then there is no need for confirming transfer order..directly u can do PGI after TO creation.

please clear this doubt....dont know whether this make sence or not because no business process will use like this configuration.

thanks in advance

prema_nellore
Discoverer
0 Kudos

(TO is used to move the stocks with in ware house. that is picking and picking confirmation.

In delivery you check  in picking tab if you create transfer order  the status is B, (partially picked)if you confirm status should change To C.(fully picked) If ware house assignment not there then status should no ware house management transfer required.

If ware house is not there you enter pick quantity in picking tab manually and do PGI. No TO takes place

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi girija,

have u activated availability at delivery item category level.......if so what is the status...is it working or not

update the status

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you activated availability check at delivery item category level

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

During delivery creation itself, system would have warned you about shortage of stock.  Retest and confirm this.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

The system didn't give a warning message while i created the delivery. Neither it was giving any indication on shortage of stock during TO creation. Then the system threw an error message while i tried to perform PGI.

Regards,

Vinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I guess we cant set the coinfiguration that the system should show a warning message while creating transfer order.

Creating transfer order is a sub process in delivery.....so i think we can set availability check only at order and delivery level.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check your transfer order and share what did you do with it? Did you create transfer order only or you also moved stock from store to other?

We get this error whenever there is shortage of stock. If entered quantity is greater than the available quantity then we get this error no matter we are moving stock from store to other or we are issuing to ustomer.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created TO for the picking activity. I haven't moved the stock from one storage location to other. Yes there was a shortage in stock when I was trying to perform PGI after creating the TO.

Is it possible to get an error message or warning message while creation of TO that "the selected storage location doesnt have enough stock to perform picking."

The reason being, the TO has been successfully created and i tried to perform PGI after that and i received the stock deficit message for that storage location.

Regard$

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you delivery item category is relevant for picking system will ask to enter picking quantity in delivery order. You can enter picking quantity without creating transfer order. Why do you want to create transfer order when you are not moving stock?

Test this and update.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Happy Easter!

I was trying to run an exisitng OTC process in our test system (IDES). Then i happen to come across the issue and which triggered me to think whether it's possible to block the user from creating TO, if insufficient stock in storage location rather than allowing the user to create the TO and get surprise while performing PGI.

I will check by activating availability check in delivery item level and see whether the system generates a warning or error message.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Girija vinesh,

for initial stock posting to a plant/storage location we use transaction code MB1C and that stock can be seen in MMBE in Unrestricted quantity.

When ever you add stock that will be adding to Unrestricted use only.

When you create a sales order, sales order stock gets updated but unrestricted stock wont change

It will Change only after the post goods Issue.

So when ever u try to do PGI the system looks the quantity in unrestricted use and if there is less quantity it will show error message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for responding to my query.

I guess you didn't understand my question correctly. I was asking about whether we can have a check for availability of goods at the Transfer Order picking level. If yes, then what tweaking i have to perform in the configuration side.

Regards,

Vinu.