Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autpmatic Delta data replication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to do automatic delta data replication

I already assigned outbound implementation parameter SEND_DELTA_INFO as Y to replication mdel.

I am using Edition with Data Replication timings: On approval of change request (Means automatic after CR approval).

But I observed that delta distrubition does not occurs and data is replicated in full for that replication model.

In SLG1 log I can see log which says as per below

Full distribution will take place; no From-edition found for delta distr.

Message no. USMD_XI_PROXY017

Diagnosis

According to the settings of the application ZGL in Customizing
     (transaction DRFIMG), the current distribution step is to be performed
     as a delta distribution. For delta distribution, a From-edition must
     exist from which a data set has already been successfully distributed in
     an earlier step.

A From-edition could not be determined here; the system instead
     performs a full distribution of the entity types concerned, including
     all changes made so far.

Unable to get any clue for underline sentence? Is it mean that we have to use different edition that used for creation?  

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay

Though it says delta but when you replicate CC or PC using IDOC, system will delete entire hierarchy first and then replaced it with MDG hierarchy.

For SOA, delta works but again the program validates entire structure and then update the delta. Time taken by IDOC or SOA replication is almost same.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

Do you mean to say that Delta distribution does not work correctly in case of IDOC for MDG-F?

In my target system their is value in commentment item and this field is not avialable in Standard Data Model in MDG. So when update any field for existing GL account after replication through IDOC value in commitment field is overwritten as blank.We don not want to use commitment field for new items so it is not enhaced in MDG but at the same time we dont want to delete already existing value for existing account also.

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No...It won't work...

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

No issue. Do you have any SAP documentation for same? I need to provide to my client then as it is big gap for MDG-F

As per you in thread MDG-F Data replication for CCH using IDOC  I done customizing setting for Outbound Imolementation parameter, so some what confused 

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no documentation. What you can do is check the log in ECC after replication. In the log you will get the details log - i.e Deleted ABC...XYZ and appended new one...

Otherwise get it confirmed through SAP note.

Kiran

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay

If you use SOA, the system checks the entire hierarchy and compare it with MDG hierarchy. In case of mismatch you get error.

IDOC - Delete entire hierarchy and replace

SOA - cross check and then update delta

Time taken by both is approach is same but SOA is best option.

You can check it and confirm. Also mark the thread as closed...

Kiran