cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVM Host Agent Version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently on LVM 2.0 SP08.1 and noticing some strange behavior with Host Agent Version.

According to the OS the Host Agent is on Version 140 however LVM Validation "HAVersCheck' states version 205,  this is occurring across 30 hosts with the wrong version.  We do have some upgraded Host Agents on Version 205 however my understating is that LVM validates the version per Host Agent. (see screenshot)

In addition when will LVM incorporate to restart the Host Agent remotely? or would a custom operation work?

Thanks in advance,
Valdrin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Valdrin,

yes, you are correctly assuming that SAP LVM is validating the SAP Host Agent version for each host separately. I just double checked with another AIX environment and did not encounter the issue there - but there there is only a HA with PL 205 in place. Is there a pending restart on the 140 level? Would you be able to open up a ticket so we can validate this?

As it is an OS command to restart the Host Agent a custom command to do this would be a suitable way (saphostexec -restart). Remember that when triggering a restart of the Host Agent from within SAP LVM the connection to the OS is discontinued for the time it takes to restart the Host Agent.

Best regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

From what I have noticed this issue started appearing after I automatically upgraded my DEV env host agents to version 205. My PROD env is still on version 140 and has not been upgraded (as captured on the screenshot) however LVM validates it and states version 205. Hope this message is more clear into the issue I am running into.

I will look into opening a incident with support.

Thanks,

Valdrin

0 Kudos

Hi Valdrin,

indeed it is, thanks for clarification. You may send me an Email/DM telling the incident ID so I can have it dispatched.

Best regards,

Andreas

Answers (0)