cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need info on PI 7.3 ehp 1 SP <version ??? > equivalent to 7.3 sp 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As the subject explain, I need to find out the SP version of a 7.31 system that is equivalent to 7.3 SP7. I would appreciate it if I can get some info re: that.

Thanks,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

AFAIK, 7.31 and 7.3 are not feature equivalent. As such, you cannot do an apple-to-apple comparison between them. Only 7.31 and 7.4 are feature equivalent with a difference for exactly 5 SP levels, i.e. 7.31 SP14 = 7.4 SP09.

7.4 is like 7.31 that is optimized for HANA

Rgds

Eng Swee

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if you can really have such comparison. Are you looking for applying any specific patches?

But if i go with SAP PAM then looking at the release dates,

7.3 SP 07 released on 04/02/2012

7.31 SP 03 released during the same time 04/13/2012

For more info : https://service.sap.com/sap/support/pam

May be you can contact SAP for certain feedback

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats right, we have an issue where PI mapping is executing without any failures in a 7.31 SP5 environment and the same mapping with the same data is failing in a third party 7.30 SP7 system.

On a high level, the issue seems to be that PI is trying to do a mapping validation (there is a UDF here) of a child node in xml while the expected behavior is that the parent node of that child node itself should not appear in the output. On the parent node also we have a UDF in place. So the goal is to see if we can reproduce the issue.

The two systems where we executed the mapping have absolutely no differences in the mapping. Its the same mapping and the same data that was used for testing. Same TPZ file from 7.30 SP7 system was exported out and loaded into 7.31 SP5 system.

Thanks,

Venkat