cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create baseline version option in PowerDesigner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm new to this discussion forum and hope this is the right place to ask my PowerDesigner question. Thanks in advance.

I have PowerDesigner 16.5 SP03 PL03 installed and facing some issue while checking the models into the repository. The output says "The check in of the document has been cancelled". There were suggestions to clean out the 'check model' errors before checking in or use 'Create baseline version' while checking in the model. The first suggestion didn't work for me and I was trying to check off 'Create baseline version' option but it is grayed out for me even though I have full permission and the model that I'm trying to check in is owned by me.

I was hoping someone in this forum can shed some light on this issue... Thanks again... Jae

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182952
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jae,

Is this the first time this model is being checked into the repository?  If yes, then the baseline is greyed out because essentially the baseline option is like checking in a model for the first time.

Are you able to check any models into the repository?

Are you connecting direct or via Proxy?   Have you tried both ways?

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

Thanks for clarifying the baseline option. Yes, this was my first attempt for the model but I have checked in other models without any issues. I'm connecting via Proxy and that's the only option that I currently have. Just so you know, the model was converted from Erwin model using Reishmann Toolbus... Thanks, Jae

former_member182952
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jae,

What size is the model?

Is it larger than ones you have checked in?

What database is the repository on?

Try saving it as a new model and give it a new filename by going to File...Save As New Model.  Then try to check it in to the repository.

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's a small model about 2MB. I have a 100MB model checked into the repository without any issue.

The repository sits on SQL Server. I have tried your suggestions before but never worked.

I have even tried with 'Generate New Physical Model' but nothing seems to be working... Jae

former_member182952
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jae,

In order to assist you further, please open a support incident at SAP Support Portal.

Adam