cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore database to a day ago!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are in the testing phase of our SAP project. We did some transports to PRD system, but now the Software Factory tells me that the order of the transports was wrong. So i need to restore System to a day ago. I have the backup of the database, as well as the backups of SAP directories, Kernel, etc...

Since the wrongs transport, nothing was done in the server. No profiles changes, nor nothing. Will restore the database at SQL Server be sufficient for start again the transports? Is there a document or a note that describes steps or some recomendations to restore a System database (SQL Server 2012) to  some days ago?

I presume that stop SAP instance, recover database and start SAP again will do the trick. Is that ok?

Regards,

A.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andres,

If you didn't make any changes to profiles or kernel, etc, then you don't need to do anything there. Just stop the system, then use SQL Server Management Studio to do the restore. You can do point-in-time to just before you imported the transports. Afterwards, start the system again.

Afterwards, when you are ready to re-import the transports, you will need to add them back into the import queue and mark them as "import again." This is because the import history is not kept in the production system that you are restoring, but in the domain controller and/or in log files in the transport folders.

Alternatively, you could just re-import all the transports manually in the order you want them to go in. They will just overwrite the same objects and tables, but this time in your preferred order. No restore of the database necessary to do that.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfect! Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Regards,

A.

Answers (0)