cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the record no. in details section

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need your help and assistant in getting the record no. or sequence no. in the details for each displayed record. My report looks like below:

GH1: {Instrument.Name}

Details: {Deal_No} {@Sum_Formula}

GF1: {Instrument.Name}

I need the record no. to be shown before the {Deal_No} in the details section and I want use it in my formula. Currently, I tried to use a running total to get the count for the {Deal_No} and to be reset on changing of group GH1: {Instrument.Name}, but unfortunately it gave me wrong record no. because there are suppressed {Deal_No} and sometimes the record number will start from 28 or 120 in some groups where I want for each group to start by showing no.1 and the next record should have no.2 ...etc.

In the {@Sum_Formula}, I need to apply the following condition:

If it is the first record in each group then

total= {@OB}+{@DR}+{@CR}

else

total=total+{@DR}+{@CR}

So please help me getting the first record in each group and to apply the formula.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The easiest way to do this will still be to use a running total.  However,  instead of evaluating "for every record", you'll set it to evaluate on a formula.  In the formula you'll use not(suppression formula).  This will then only count the records that are not suppressed.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Where I can find the not suppression formula?

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You said:

"I tried to use a running total to get the count for the {Deal_No} and to be reset on changing of group GH1: {Instrument.Name}, but unfortunately it gave me wrong record no. because there are suppressed {Deal_No}..."

It is the formula you are using to suppress {Deal_No} on your report.  Since you're talking about Details sections, I assume it's in the Suppression Formula in the Section Expert for your Details section.  Copy that formula and then use it in the Evaluate section of the Running Total expert - type "Not(", paste the formula, and then type ")" (don't include the quotes).

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the details section in the section expert I put the condition ttclass <> 'ob' in the suppress

So you mean in the evaluate I should keep:     not (ttclass <>'ob')

And to count for the {deal_no} on change of the group {instrument.name}?

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Or you could use ttclass = 'ob'.

And you'll reset on change of the group, not count on change of the group.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the assistant

Just to confirm:

I will create a running total that will do count for the {deal_no} and the evaluate I will use a formula that not (@ttclass <>'ob' )for the evaluation and the reset will be done for the change of the group {instrument.name }

Is it correct?

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks I will try it tomorrow and I will get back to you

Answers (0)