Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while replicating data from MSSQL to HANA

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues,

I have created SLT configuration where the replication has to happen from MSSQL database for NW BPM for 4 tables. I have also applied a transformation function to convert date columns in the BPM tables to right desired format while replicating in HANA.

Now when I use the SAP HANA Data Provisioning Editor to replicate the data from these BPM tables, I am getting following error :

Conv.obj. Z_BC_BPEM_EL_RDS_021: Calculation job in sender system could not be started

In the configuration I have used Job Options as No of data Transfers Job : 003 , Initial Load Jobs : 002 , No of Calculations Job : 001

We are using SLT 2.0 and BASIS release 740.

Please suggest what could be done to remove that.

Regards,

Archana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Prabhith
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Long before, there was a similar issue that I had faced and at that time the following note was useful.

1817026 - Issue with parallelization in HANA replication server

Since yours is SLT2.0, am not sure whether its applicable.

But please have a look at the role mentioned in the note.

BR

Prabhith

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

adnan_abid3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

I am facing a similar issue while replicating from a non-sap source. As suggested in the replies above I have increased the number of jobs and there are sufficient processes in the source system as well but still I get the same error. I have no issues replicating from ECC system.

Would love to hear how you resolved your issue finally.

Thanks,

Adnan

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Adnan,

We had issues while replicating from ERP system (SAP based). I have never tried with non-SAP based systems. Did you check the SAP-note mentioned above by Prabhith

Regards,

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Archana

There could be number of reasons for this issue. We need to first start filtering one by one and take out the possibility. Please check the things in the following order.

1. As everyone mentioned, check if you have free available WPs. System is going to use Background WP for running calculation job in the Source system. Normally Basis define sufficient number of WPs but sometimes they are occupied.  You can check using TCode SM50 ( you need to do that on each host in a multi App server environment ).

2. Try increasing your calculation jobs in SLT using TCODE LTRC --> Administration Data --> Change no of Jobs. Make sure you have enough free background WP in your SLT and Source system.

Incase the above methods do not work, provide the following information.

1. Where exactly you see the error message. Are you able to add the table to Data provisioning from LTRC.

2. Are you able to add any more tables and do the replication.

Mahesh Shetty

Prabhith
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Long before, there was a similar issue that I had faced and at that time the following note was useful.

1817026 - Issue with parallelization in HANA replication server

Since yours is SLT2.0, am not sure whether its applicable.

But please have a look at the role mentioned in the note.

BR

Prabhith

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

Please check the batch process in sender sysetm.

Check if all batch processes are used for other tasks in the sender system, which might be the reason whi the job for access plan calculation could not be started. As soon as a sufficient number of batch jobs is available, you can start the access plan calculation once again.

BR

AKJ

0 Kudos

Hi Atul

How to identify how many batch processes are running.

how to increase or make available the batch jobs?

Thanks

Rajashree

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajashree,

You can check in sm50 the number of batch work processs.

You can increase the batch process by changing the profile parameter  or change in operation mode.

BR

AKJ

former_member256353
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

Do you have enough free (background-)jobs in source(sender) system?

You need to have free/available jobs there....try raising them in SM50 (ask your basis).

Then try again and let us know.

regards

Greg