cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No alerts in AWS SPS09

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we've just made a fresh new development Hana instance on AWS. It works, except that in the Studio administration console it says

SQL error while updating the administration overview

Alerts cannot be displayed

On the bottom it also says

Statistics server not found as service

and various other errors. In the Landscape tab there is indeed no statisticsserver service running. In the configuration nameserver.ini/statisticsserver is active = false, setting it to true does not change anything. Calling

SELECT * FROM _SYS_STATISTICS.STATISTICS_PROPERTIES where key = 'internal.installation.state';

gets me

* 3589: remote query execution failure: OpenChannelException at network layer:

info:    connection refused

param:   127.0.0.1:30005

SQLSTATE: HY000

So it looks like this instance is not really well. Can this be fixed somehow?

Cheers,

-- Micha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Billelinfo27
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We faced the same problem with statistics server, each time we tried to set alerts in HANA Studio we were getting this message "Statistics server not found as service", the problem was that the table  _SYS_STATISTICS.STATISTICS_ALERTS_BASE had too many rows "almost 2 billion", we truncat it and everything work fine.

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Micha,

Please check below sap note about statistic server

1917938 - Migration of the statistics server for Revision 74 or higher

BR

AKJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

if you read my message, you will see that the migration according to this note (and yes, I've read all the other notes concerning the statistics server) could not be performed. The point is, however, that I've made a fresh CAL Hana instance with no modifications and it does not work properly, so I hope it does not mean that every single developer will have to fix it individually?

Cheers,

-- Micha