cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP creating delivery date on PO´s by vendor

Good morning folks,

I´d like to share my scenario and see if you have something similar.

Currently we have a planning cicle set on MRP1 one view to restrict PO delivery date on fridays, due our receiving process we cannot receive materials on friday, so our planning cicle is set from monday to thursday, and works fine.

Now our supply chain area intents to have the following, the chemical vendors deliver only mondays, steel vendors on tuesdays and so on.

I was looking into Vendor master and we don´t have a specific field to place a planning cycle or planning calendar by vendor, my first guess is that this is a very commom business scenario. I know I can accomplish that just starting to use Scheduling Agreements and setting up receiving dates on monday, but it will bring a huge manual activities..

Does anyone has the same requirement ? how to make sap to set delivery date on fixed days by vendor or group of vendor as explained above?

thanks

Carlos Q.M.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

As expert Caetano mentioned the calendar can be assigned to vendor only in APO. In APO, the system considers vendor as a plant.

Hence, suggest to either go with the Time-phased planning or scheduling agreement method.

Regards,

Senthilkumar SD

0 Kudos

Thanks Senthil.

Scheduling agreement is out of our scope here.

We are trying now to persue a solution using Planning Cycle calendar to group materials by type, for instance chemicals on mondays, and all PRs created as results of MRP set deliverydate on monday, other materials on tuesday and son on, based in the planning cycle..

thanks once more

Q.M Carlos

carloswagner_moatto3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

good afternoon Carlos,

If I understood correctly, what you need is to setup MRP to force the delivery date in the purchasing documents exactly as you have in the planning calendar (tcode MD25), lets say, you want to receive goods only on tuesdays, then create your calendar with day in the week you want to receive products.

technically speaking ok, create planning calendar that will be added in the MRP1 and MRP2 views, with the day you want to have the delivery date on Purchase docs.

then at tcode OMI4, you must have one Lot size with field  "Lot-size indicator" with   "K" - Period lot size as in PPC planning calend., and field "Date Interpretation"  equals to  "1" - Delivery date.

Assign that to your MRP1 view and make sure your MRP2 has also the same key in the field Planning calendar, under Schedulingtab.

Run the MRP, you will get what you need.

Now, you must check the impacts on your current MRP and inventory process, because you may have over delivery for one week in case of holiday or shortage of material depending on the week.

Will this really be efective in terms of costs and inventory management ?

what your production area says about that ?

well, there are many question you must get answer before implement that.

hope that helps you.

you can find more details on the following posts.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-51912

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/manufacturing-pp/blog/2015/01/06/my-bookmarked-documents

take care

Carlos Moçatto

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Since your question has been answered, can you please close this thread selecting the correct and helpful answers?

Regards

Caetano

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos

MRP will only consider a planning calendar assigned on the material master. There is a field on the vendor where it's possible to assign a vendor specific planning calendar, however, it is only ysed by APO.

BR
Caetano

0 Kudos

Thank you so much dear Caetano.

We do not have APO in our company.

But I got an authorization to users to do in this way.

Group material master by Planning Cycle Calendar. It means, they will work differently, by post goods receipt by groups of material instead by vendor.

Then the chemical materials must have the "Delivery Date" in Purchase Requisitions created by MRP on Mondays, Ferrous metals on Tuesday, and by using in this way I believe we can use that by creating new planning cycle calendars.

The double is how to make SAP to create the PRs with delivery date fixed on certain days using planning cycle and mrp.

thanks

Q.M. Carlos

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Carlos

It's very simple, you just need to create a planning calendar and use a periodic lot sizing procedure on your material.

See this document with an example:

BR
Caetano