Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q.Info along with DMS

VigneshV
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

.My Quality dept personnel requested for DMS (Document Management  System) at Q.info stage as below.

Like Q.info with issue no: 1 to be made as void when Q.info with issue no:2 is released 9 Drawing release) & similar way.

Kindly guide in this / any best practice followed up to adhere this.

Vignesh.V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sorry but I'm not sure I understand the question.

Is this related to wanting to attached a quality aggrement in DMS to the Quality Info Record?

I understand it might be difficult, but we need the question to be a little clearer in English.

Thanks!

Craig

VigneshV
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Craig,

My requirement is like user is requesting for control of Quality info according to the version change that is happening in CV01N.

Each version of Part number to be maintained for Quality info for ease of control of Quality info validity.

It is not the attachment that is mentioned in earlier question raised.

Hope I am clear this time.

Vignesh.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understood correctly your query, you would like to mass update the release validity date from all q-info records whenever a new document version (ie Drawing) gets released to the respective material in DMS?

Q-Info record release date (you may have multiple records for the same material):

Documents linked to material:

BR, Julio

VigneshV
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

Thanks will try in Development server and let you know.

One clarification will the version be updated as and when CV01N is getting updated? as we update CV01N through interface (RFC-XML) controlled DMS for linking of drawings & SAP MM data.

Vignesh.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vignesh, actually I made a question for you in order to clarify what exactly you´re trying to achieve. Before proceeding with such development it would be nice if you could send us an example in a step-by-step format so we will be able to help you out on finding suitable solution for the requirement.

BR, Julio.

VigneshV
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

Sorry.

Actually what you had mentioned in earlier discussion is right.

mass update the release validity date from all q-info records whenever a new document version (ie Drawing) gets released to the respective material in DMS?

This had been requested by user.

Vignesh.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great! So you may need to develop the logic by using the user exit below, but I strongly recommend you to check first if the exit works in your environment, as you said: "we update CV01N through interface (RFC-XML)".

http://scn.sap.com/thread/420147

You can perhaps use the standard function module QB_VB_QINF_POST to get Q-Info records updated. Please explore this one.

BR, Julio.