Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP B1 Upgrade From 8.8 PL 12 to 9.0 PL15

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We are trying to upgrade from 8.8 PL 12 to 9.0 PL 15

During our database check process prior to upgrade. The process is stand still showing 27/50 in the upgrade wizard.

We found 2 Warnings and  Error none  and Status is processing as of now, but it is almost more than 6 hrs from start of process the status is same.

There are no errors found we have checked the LOG

Would like to know if anyone has an idea how long will it take to upgrade a 75 GB DB, RAM In our server is 128 GB

With Regards,

G. Eshvanth Singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184146
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as your DB size is large that's why it is taking time i recommend you to do not cancel the upgrade some times it takes more then 18 hrs  .

--Manish

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

thanks for info it I have done the upgrade it took us about 26 to 30 hrs to finish the upgrade I have not included the time for error corrrections

jbrotto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is a large DB you should run the test run before you do the upgrade and split it between several days. Usually the testing should be 1/10 the time of an upgrade depending on the drive speeds and server configuration.

Usually the approved test XML file is good for a couple of days.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eshvanth,

Hope the upgrade is done already. If it is not, you need to watch the progress and any additional errors. Your free disk space should be > 5 times of your current db.

Thanks,

Gordon