cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA on Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Solman experts,

I would like to know the strategy and recommendation from SAP regarding the usage of SAP HANA for Solution Manager.

Is it from special SP for version 7.1 or 7.2 Release "a must"?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

There is a 7.1 SP8 SolMan on SAP HANA for customers who only run SAP HANA. This SolMan cannot be patched however to a higher version (7.1 SP13 for example). So a limited amount of customers have this running.

7.2 will be capable of running on SAP HANA much like SAP ERP 6 EHP7 was capable of running on SAP HANA as well as on Any DB (so also still Oracle, MS SQL etc are supported). This is how you should see SolMan 7.2 ~ it will be able to leverage some benefits of SAP HANA but it's not (yet) a simplified version like what you see in S/4 HANA (Simple Finance) where the data model is changed to take full advantage of the SAP HANA platform, reduce the data footprint etc.

The interesting things is that customers can run Solution Manager 7.2 on SAP HANA without the need for a SAP HANA license. The restriction is of course that you don't start using this SAP HANA system for other purposes (in theory you could but for obvious reasons it's not allowed). That way, a company can get used to running on SAP HANA (support teams etc) and use a less critical system (compared to ERP) for getting used to SAP HANA.

Kr

Tom

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know HANA 4 Solman is only useful, if customers have the HANA plattform as hardware package only (without any SAP application). In order to update the HANA DB, the MOPZ is required. So, SAP delivers a slim solman version with very restricted functionalities. For 7.2 it's not required.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hello.

I am sorry but I believe the information you provide is wrong. There is no need for MOPz to update the HANA DB software. Actually none of the DB software updates, whether it is HANA, oracle, SQL Server, DB2 etc require MOPz to be updated / upgraded.

MOPz is used for SAP Application patching.

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos