cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED" error in ABAP RFC DESTINATION ADS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am struggling to connect ABAP system to Abobe server System which are on different networks. I would like to use Abobe Document Services functionality in our ABAP system. Both ABAP system server and Abode system server (dual stack) are able to communicate via telnet. So, we don't have any issues with network connections. I assume that the ports and hostnames are maintianed correctly in both the server systems in SMICM transaction. We have no issues in Abobe server system, ADS working fine. We have this issue "ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED" only in ABAP system in SM59 occuring when we try to test the connection.

And also, we are getting the error "SYSTEM ERROR: SOAP Framework error: SOAP Runtime Exception: CSoapExceptionTransport : HTTP receive failed with exception communication_failure  (100.101)." when try to execute the reports "FP_PDF_TEST_00", "FP_CHECK_DESTINATION_SERVICE" and "FP_TEST_00" in ABAP system. But, dual stack (abobe server) system working fine without this error.

Any ideas, please?

Thanks & best regards,

Srinu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu,

The best way for troubleshooting ADS connection - to use step-by-step check from sap note

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/944221

Best Regards,

Aleh