SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Creating Generic Article - LSMW - MM41

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to create an LSMW recording to create generic articles with a fixed characteristics of 2 (color & size). However, the number value of each characteristic might be different from article to article.

When I tried to run the recording of MM41, the screen does not show the Characteristic Value Assignment screen:

Instead, it only shows the following screen:

Need your advise on how can I create an LSMW to allow me creating generic articles with above-mentioned requirement.

Many thanks before.

Kind regards,

Rian

4 REPLIES 4

paul_gendreau
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rian:

Please see http://scn.sap.com/community/retail/blog/2014/12/04/create-generic-and-variants-using-lsmw

- Paul

-------------------------------------------------

Paul R. Gendreau, Jr.

SAP Retail, Inc.

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the information.

I'm not clear on the step between WG22– Change Merchandise Category and LSMW – Process ARTMAS05. I've prepared the Merchandise Category, but how do I process the ARTMAS05 in LSMW related to the Reference Article that I have just created?

Additionally, for this article type, I will require SAP internal number. Can this be achieved? As the article number is SAP-generated, I won't have any clue on what to put on article number and article variant field in my upload template.

Appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Regards,

Rian

0 Kudos

Hi Rian:

The article number of the Reference Article must be supplied in the ARTMAS IDoc. 

Unlike using MM41, where the system automatically uses the Reference Article assigned to the Merchandise Category, you must explicitly indicate the article number of the Reference Article in ARTMAS - E1BPE1MATHEAD - REF_MATL.  Otherwise, a Reference Article will not be used when processing the ARTMAS IDoc.

With respect to article numbers, ARTMAS will process without error to create a new article if you supply an article number in an internal number range.  The approach I prefer is to assign the article numbers in load files and then adjust the number range in the system so that the next number to be used (when creating an article via GUI) is higher than the numbers expected to be used during data migration.  In other words, adjustment of the number range is a post-load step.

- Paul

-------------------------------------------------

Paul R. Gendreau, Jr.

SAP Retail, Inc.

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Many thanks for the kind explanation.

Yes, so in the end we will have to change our approach in the article maintenance

Kind regards,

Rian