Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parent and Child items shipped together based on State

former_member226908
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement wherein based on a Parent Material, system must automatically send child material. The shipping is to be done together.

There could be multiple children that are tied to the parent item (For example State specific child that goes with a material- State as in New York, Florida etc.)

Can you please let us know how we can proceed for this requirement: BOM or Free Goods? How do we have State as a criteria to decide which child to ship for a particular parent material.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can go with sales BOM but you cannot restrict to a particular state.  To achieve this, you can try with user exit.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member226908
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Quick reply. How about Free Goods Determination? Can we have State as an Access in the Condition Record creation? Please advise.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I doubt, even in Free Goods, you can restrict a component for a particular state, assuming that for one header material, there would be some component that should go along with header material.  You can try with user exit. 

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member226908
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks you very much. Much appreciated for the quick response. Will try with user exit and get back with update.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think User Exit not required here..

Any way you are using Region as a condition for free free goods determination..

Have you checked the option"""FREE GOODS DELIVERY CONTROL"" in VBN1

(i think the 3rd or 4th column from right)

try & update..