cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict sales order with single line item with item catagory 'TANN'

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus,

i have configured free good scenario. now i want to restrict the sales order by the system if there exist only single line item with item category 'TANN'. As of now system is allowing to save the order even if i change the item category from TAN to TANN.

Pl guide me through. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Thank u all for the reply. My above stated issue has been resolved. The issue was while creating sales order when i put material number and quantity the default item category was TAN. If i change the item category from TAN to TANN manually system was allowing me to save the order and i didn't want this to happen as per requirement.

In TCODE 'VOV4' there was maintained TANN catagory as manual catagory for the combination of Doc type and Item Category Group (NORM). I removed TANN and the issue has been resolved.

Dear Jobi, sorry for the way i put my issue. I will improve myself.

regards,

Switesh.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

switesh,

The solution you went ahead with is "straight forward"! But what is the sales order type? and for this order type will business never use item category TANN is other processes?

If the order type is OR, then making this change in VOV4 is not recommended.

Look into FD (free of charge), interestingly we don't have TANN as an item category for this process.

TW

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already pointed out, you have not specified what exactly the Business requirement is.  Also on your comments

As of now system is allowing to save the order even if i change the item category from TAN to TANN.

you should be aware how an item category will flow into a sale order and in what circumstances, it can be changed manually.  If you don't want to change manually, you need to look into your configuration.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Why you want to change the Item category of TAN to TANN ?

Normally TANN should be triggered for higher level Item category TAN. Please let us know the reason why you are trying to manually change item category of TAN

thanks

santosh

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Switesh,

Please put your question in a detailed manner. Specify the requirement in detail. Now we cant' understand the requirement well to suggest any solution.

Jobi