cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing Element Triggering in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using standard Sales Order type OR while creating the sales order. In this scenario, the standard pricing procedure is getting triggered RVAA01. My question might sound too basic for the experts in this forum, please forgive my ignorance.

When i navigate through the Dialogue structure in Procedures after selecting the standard pricing procedure, i noticed almost all condition types are manitained here, but when i am creating a sales order only 4 condition types are getting triggered.

1. PR00 - Selling Price

2. VPRS - Cost Price

3. MWST - Tax

4. K007 - Customer Discount

Why the other condition types are not getting triggered? Do i need to make any changes in the existing configuration for displaying other condition types in my Sales Order condition tab.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Regards,

Vinu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may be having en-number of condition types in a pricing procedure but for whatever condition type, if you maintain condition record, that will flow into your sale order / billing.  Of course, VPRS would consider the PGId deliveries.

G. Lakshmipathi

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinu,

In -order to understand the behaviour of condition types in a sales document, look at the following things too,

1. The manual check box in Pricing Procedure against the condition type

2. In V/06 of condition type, the value in the field  " Manual entries"

These fields plays major role on how you can get the value(appear automatically or enter manually etc..) in the sales document pricing.

Please learn about them by looking at the Help option for these field.

Once you understand these and more features about condition types and pricing, then your above question will vanish.

Do search the forum for stuffs on these functionalities

Regards

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jobi,

Thanks for your support.

I have another query. As you said, if we check the manual entry in Pricing procedure then that condition type will automatically appear within the conditions against line items.

But in standard RVAA01 For Eg. PB00 - Price Gross is checked. But the document type is not appearing on the pricing element list.

What could be reason for that? Interestingly PR00 - Selling price pricing element is not having a condition record. I am able to save the SO without entering the values in PR00.

Regards,

Vinu

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Vinu,

I think you have not looked at the help documents for these fields.

If you check(tick) the manual field in Pri Procedure, against a condition type, then during pricing in sales document, you have to enter it manually , it will not come automatically.

So if PR00 has that tick mark, then it will not come automatically during pricing.

Test with different options, you can learn it well.  Post here if u have doubts

Jobi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These are basic questions that you can solve with little self effort, study and testing. Please make a habit to search basic things in Google and study relevant threads and documents.

We can save order without entering price in mandatory condition but the order is incomplete and can't be processed.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moazzam,

Thanks for replying to my first discussion on SAP SCN.

I thought this site is a place where we will get guidance of Experts who got rich industry experience and exposure.

At the start of career i think all of us starts asking many questions which might sounds malarkey for an Expert/Master/Profient in that subject. For an Amateur/novice in that subject he is learning by asking questions. So that was my intention of asking questions in this forum. I might be asking wrong questions, i might be thinking in a wrong direction so i aspire for guidance from peer group to show the right path.

The gist of my question was - why few condition types are appearing in SO and why not all condition types are appearning, which are listed in the Pricing Procedure.

For my question, I got suggestions from few of the generous people in this group and I was able to understand the reason.

I will try not to ask basic questions through this forum. But if i want to ask basic questions which site will be helpful .

Regards,

Vinu

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

SCN is now almost 10 years old I guess and everyone was once a beginner on this forum. I was beginner in 2009 and I asked basic questions but then some senior members like G Lakshmipathi asked me to put efforts and study already available threads. I made this a habit and after that it was rare that I asked question.

If you search with different texts, phrases in Google or SCN you'll find 90% of your basic questions were already asked by someone and were answered or assumed answered.

You only need to spend time and study SAP help documents, threads or sometimes SAP notes for understanding these basic things and concepts. Thousands of questions were asked in this forum in last 10 years and just think that you are not the first one having these doubts or basic question in your mind. There were others so try to get knowledge by already available information in this forum.

I hope you understand what I am saying.

Thank$

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
But if i want to ask basic questions which site will be helpful

Experience is the best teacher and you will learn once you come across various forums.  Though couple of SAP forums are there and you may get answers even to basic queries, as you said, since you being a  novice and would be keen to learn SAP process, my advice would be not to post any basic query in any forum.  Instead,

• you keep on try in your system,
  • search in similar forums for the issue you face,
  • take the inputs from there
  • retry in your system and
  • still if you face any issue,

you are most welcome to post.   Most importantly, over a period of time, I would be interested your findings on which forum is THE BEST.  I know where you will land up ultimately but I don't want to disclose now.

Last but not least, you should also understand why SCN team have framed out such rules.  It is just because, only then, beginners will start learning on their own.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understood what you were trying to convey and thanks for your reply.

I made my statement not as an argument or challenge in my earlier post. But what i felt after reading the two line reply for my question/doubt made me jot down about my expectations from this forum. I joined SCN yesterday April 1st 2015, so I am naive user in SCN.

Anyways, nice to meet you Mozzam.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Girija,

Take a practical example which is in similar lines to your query -

You have a wardrobe (cupboard with clothes), depending upon where you are going you pick up few clothes and the rest are still in the wardrobe, which can be used for different occasions.

Wardrobe is the pricing procedure, clothes are the condition types, going for a particular occasion (e.g. going to school) is your order, it will contain only the school uniform related few condition types.

When you go for a party, different clothes can be picked from the same wardrobe (pricing procedure).

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girija vinesh,

I am also new to this forum and joined on the same day...ie april 1st 2015.

I hope this forum will be very usefull to gain our knowledge in sap.

Coming to your query...Your problem is that whatever the condition types existing in pricing procedure RVAA01 ...it is not displaying in item condition tab when you create an order....Right???

For this you need to know how pricing procedure is determined.

It is based on sales area, customer and document pricing procedure.

Just check whether u have assigned customer and document pricing procedures correctly and then check pricing procedure determination

former_member187610
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinesh,

If condition records are maintained for a specific condition type then those condition types alone will get displayed in the Sales order and rest of the elements will not be displayed.

Regards,

Sharan