cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP WEB GUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I try to launch my SAP Web GUi, the system automatically log me in with a different user , how to stop this and force the user to enter user name

and password as usual

Thanks

Osama Khalifa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Osama,

There could be a couple reasons why this is happening. For one, the user may have used the browser's "remember me" functionality to save the username and password for the login page -- a practice I discourage myself. That would be user by user, and in fact workstation by workstation, though, and not global.

If everyone is getting auto-logged in as the same user, then the logon data may have been saved on the webgui service in SICF (\default_host\sap\bc\gui\sap\its\webgui). Open up the service in tcode SICF and check the Logon Data tab and ensure that user is blank and password "initial."

If that's not it, are you using Single Sign-On in your environment? If so, then it may be picking up your credentials from your network logon.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Matt,

Everyone is getting auto-logged  as the same user . The value for logon data is webgui  is blank for the user and initial for  the password. Plus we don't use single sign on.

Really appreciate your help

Thanks

Osama Khalifa

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you confirm the URL the users are using for webgui? I dont' need your hostname, but is it http(s)://<hostname>/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui? Or is it different? Does the URL include any parameters after the 'webgui' part? Could the login username and password be specified in any of the higher nodes in the tree (sap, bc, gui, sap, its, etc)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

My URL is the default web gui address, with no  parameter after the "webgui" . However , on the error message there was   reference to change a specific user to dialog user .  I deleted this user and recreate it and now the webgui is working as expected prompting for user ID and password.

Thanks a million for your help  here .

Osama Khalifa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Matt,

I resolved the issue by deleing the user who was use to log in automatically , now I got logon screen as usual

Thanks again , I really appreciate your help

Osama Khalifa

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad to hear you've got it resolved. Still curious how the webgui service ended up trying to auto-logon as this user. Anyway, congratulations, and don't forget to mark the question as answered to close out the thread.

Cheers,

Matt

Answers (0)