cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Opportunities - all amount fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

In SAP Business One - sales opportunities module, I need to know what exactly should the amount currency be under these fields :

1) Potential amount

2) Weight amount

3) Gross Profit Total

Example:

if I handle 3 BP with all different currency, what should I enter for these currency Potential amount?

It is so confused and bad that a system do not display the currency!

Thank you.

Joan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184146
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joan,

• Potential amount is the amount which you expect from the Lead/Customer that you can get this amount of order (let's say it is 100 )
  • Weighted Amount : is the calculation based on your closing % i.e. Clsing % * Potential amount (Lets say your starting % is 10 % ) then your total wighted amount calculation will be 100*10/100 = 10

Note : You can set you closing %  as per your potential stage wise : under Admin>>set              up>>Sales Opportunities>>Sales Stages

• Gross Profit % : is the profit expectation from the Lead (Lets say it is 20 %)
  • Gross Profit Total : is the calculation on your potential amount with Gross profit %  i.e. 100*20/100= 20 .

--Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lim,

Potential amount is your sales assumption amount from this opportunity.

Weighted amount is calculated on based of opportunity closing Percentage.

Gross profit % is user input or assumption of profit in % out of this opportunity

Gross profit calculated based on potential amount and gross profit %

One Example for you

Potential amount 10000 (User Input)

Weighted amount 600 (Because closing percentage is 6% right now.

Gross profit % 10 % (User input)

Gross profit total 1000 (for this example)

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

Thank you for your reply on explaining how the GP arise, but you did not answer to my question.

My question is: what is the currency suppose to be for the amount fields?

There is no documentation explain that the amount field whether is local currency or BP  currency!

I found my answer when I run the Sales Opportunities Report when I see the header column showing "Potential Amount (LC)", which means all amount entered must be converted into local currency first!!

Please correct me if I am wrong!

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Joan Lim.

former_member184146
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All amount are by default in Local currency Joan , you can see this also on putting the cursor on any Amount field by activating the system information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liam,

Currency it will pick local only.

But if you want to pick system currency if at all it is different then you need to select check box on opportunity. It's not picking BP currency at all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish, Chintan,

Thank you for your reply.

Regards,

Joan Lim.