Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing a data model from RFC including nested tables

cyclingfisch_
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm struggling with the import of a data model of Z-function module including nested tables. Is it possible to assign the corresponding entities and entity sets to one single operation e.g. GetEntity? Do I have to create associations between the entity and the entity set which is included in the entity? Or are nested tables are not supported?

Thanks & Cheers,

Martin 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

We cannot map directly.

To achieve this you need to create association and navigation between Entities with appropriate cardinality and implement Expand_Entity/Expand_Entity_Set method in *DPC_EXT class based on your requirement.

Regards,

Ashwin

cyclingfisch_
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the already provided links. It helped me a lot and I'm getting back to the topic.

I have an additional question now:

In my BAPI signature I've got a result table and within each table line is another nested table containing item data. I created entities and entitysets for both, the result table and the nested one. I also created an association between them. But now I guess I'm stuck: there are no key attributes in the nested table which indicate that they belong to the line of the result table where the nested table is located.

Can I just add the key fields to the entitytype of the nested table and fill the corresponding data in the implemented GET_ENTITYSET-Method.

Cheers & Thanks,

Martin

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

Yes you can add it and fill data accordingly.

Regards,

Ashwin

Answers (0)