Windows AD authentication impacting HANA database credentials
I've recently setup Windows AD authentication in BI 4.1 SP5, and users are reporting that after they login using AD authentication, their database connection does not work.
Here's a breakdown of the steps they follow and how they get the connection to work by switching to Enterprise authentication. Has anyone experienced this before? Is there an SAP note that addresses this issue?
1. Log on to BOE with AD (all lower case)
2. Open report (HANA Connection is not working):
3. Log in with Enterprise
4. Open Report (HANA connection not working)
5. Check CMC (Database credentials look good)
6. Enter password again for HANA Credentials
7. Log in to BOE Again with Enterprise
8. Open Report (HANA Credentials are working)
9. Log in to BOE Again with AD (all Lower Case)
10. Open Report (HANA Credentials are not working)