cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

raise alerts or messages after performing Onselect action based on return code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir / Madam,

I have developed a planning application on design studio which will perform some automatic data conversion based on customer action. I want to raise a message or notify user based on the return code of performed action. Is there any way i can find the success or failure of an event in Design Studio?

Thanks for all your help!

Regards,

Ben.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

not sure exactly how you want to make the automatic conversion. Can you dive more details here?

For User notification, you have functions in standard:

* eg. APPLICATION.addWarningMessage()

* eg. APPLICATION.alert()

or there are also some free SDK components for it, check the list and see for "Notification Bar" or "Notify".

Component List - SCN Design Studio Community

Karol

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Karol has provided the options for raising alerts or messages.  It sounds like you want to trigger these based on the error return code concept used in "traditional programming".  Design Studio doesn't really have a concept of "system error codes" that you can capture via scripting (as far as I am aware) but you could implement business logic conditions with scripting to raise notifications via the methods Karol has described.  Can you provide an example of what you mean by "performed action" and how this relates to the automatic data conversion?  Are you trying to raise alerts based on the result of a data validation?

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you Karol and Mustafa...

As we know,  Design Studio supports analysis and planning applications. If  i navigate in the Design Studio, i can raise messages. it is working fine. For some actions like saving manually plan data or running planning functions to change the data in the backend, i couldn't raise messages. I had enable Application level all message (Info, Warning and Error). we are not interested to see all info messages i.e. Loaded our datasource in scripts etc.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Ben.

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

I'm still not entirely clear on the scenarios you need to raise messages for.  It sounds like you want to check the result of executing certain planning script methods like save() and recalculate() and issue messages accordingly.  If this is the case, have you tried using the hasClientChanges() and hasUnsavedChanges() script methods to check the status of planning updates and then issue a message based on the result if necessary?

If you can provide some examples of your script code where you are performing planning actions and then describe how you want to raise messages in the context of these examples, we can try to provide further guidance.

Regards,

Mustafa.