cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification about Service Interface:

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Every Service interface has an associated WSDL.

So I assume that every service interface we create, a web service is created in XI.

From the WSLD of an sender service interface, I came to know the below information about the web service in XI.

Web Service Name : Service interface name

Operation name in web service : Service interface name

Parameter/argument of the operation : source XML payload.

I want to clarify, if this understanding is correct.. plz help me

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>So I assume that every service interface we create, a web service is created in XI.

That would just be a design time WSDL document. It's not a web-service until it is configured/ you setup binding.

If you see the wsdl, you don't see any endpoint information in it.

0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

Ok.. after configuration, Service interface will create a web service.

Let us consider a File to File Scenario.

The SOAP request will be sent from File sender adapter to this web service(which is present in integration engine). Once web-service receives the SOAP request, only the information present in the body of the SOAP request will be given as the input of the functions present in the web-service.

But how come, entire SOAP structure present in all the pipe lines steps of a message in XI?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>Service interface will create a web service.

If you use SOAP adapter as your sender then this interface acts as a web service provider.

>>>The SOAP request will be sent from File sender adapter to this web service(which is present in integration engine).

Which web-service are you referring to ? Don't compare the wsdl tab with any service on integration engine. This option is to provided to extract design time wsdl /publish it in SR/ working with proxies.

Go through pipeline steps for a better understanding on message flow in PI