cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signature Feature in Adobe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to use Place Signature feature in Adobe where User can use the Mouse to sign in a field in Adobe.

Place Signature feature works only in Non Interactive Form. When the form is rendered as Interactive, feature is not enabled in the Adobe Form.

Field Engineer would fill the form at the site and would require to sign in addition to Customer Signature.

Can this be achieved via Javascript or is there any work around? Please suggest

Thanks

Jay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jay

Yes it is possible to place digital signatures on the adobe forms. Refer to report FP_PDF_TEST_12 for reference how signatures are handled in adobe forms

Digital Signatures in Forms - SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe - SAP Library

There a very interesting blog by juergen hauser

Regards

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sandy for your suggestion..

I am not looking for Digital Signatures..I am looking to have ink signature using Adobe 'Place Signature' feature. Below screenshot shows the Adobe feature...

We are looking for a Solution where Field Engineer would fill the details in the form and then have the Customer Sign it...That feature is not enabled when form is rendered as Interactive PDF....

Thanks

Jay

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jay

You will have to enable the usage right for Adobe for this functionality to work.

Refer to SAP note 736902

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30a9630b-4f89-2a10-6fab-e311b3ffd...

Reader Rights Credential - Adobe Document Services Configuration Guide - SAP Library

When you apply the usage rights from Acrobat reader this menu item will appear in the PDF . If you need to apply usage rights on the Adobe Document Server that renders the interactive pdf then refer to SAP note 736902 and configuration guide mentioned above.

Regards

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

I have the Readers Credentials and I am able to generate Interactive one. I am not able to make the Form Property Fillable as not allowed in offline mode...

One more question, If I merge two interactive PDF's the final PDF becomes read only inspite of setting the parameter as Changes Allowed...Is there any way I can merge two PDF's into interactive one...

Please suggest..

Thanks

Jay

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you would like to make the form fillable

Try to set SFPDOCPARAMS- FILLABLE = 'F' instead of SFPDOCPARAMS- FILLABLE = 'X'

CALL FUNCTION 'FP_JOB_OPEN'
  CHANGING
  ie_outputparams = lwa_outputparams
  EXCEPTIONS
  cancel = 1
  usage_error = 2
  system_error = 3
  internal_error = 4
  OTHERS = 5.

For merging the PDF Refer to link below or test program FP_CHECK_BATCH_PDF_RETURN

Regards

Sandy

Answers (0)