cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assistan in SAP GUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am student and i just installed SAP GUI 730 on my PC, after installation i try to connect but no where near, I need two steeps to be clarified

1) when we click in Sap logon icon on desktop the very fist page which open ask you to make variable logon connection/server, how can i make the correct variable logon connection/ server

2)The second thing is how to get IDES USERNAME OR PASSWORD to sign in after making variable logon connection / server..

or is there any default variable logon server or ides default user name and password for this

thankxx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Umair,

Is this for an IDES system that you installed yourself? If so, you should have the connection information you require to set that up in SAP Logon. Basically you need the hostname of the IDES server, the System ID of the IDES application (the three-letter SID, i.e DEV, or SBX, or something like that), and the system number (probably 00). If someone else installed and/or is managing the IDES system, you should be able to obtain the connection information from them.

The same goes for the username and password. If this system was installed by someone else, they should be able to provide you with a user. If you installed it, then you should have been asked during the installation to set up a 'master' password for the DDIC user.

Regards,

Matt

Answers (0)