Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

avoid copying line items with 0 quantity from inquiry to quotation

former_member405498
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

How can i avoid or control copying line items with 0 quantity from inquiry to quotation.we are using item proposals and for some customers while using item proposals they might not be entering quantity for all the items proposed .so this might leave lot of line items with zero quantity.So when we converts this inquiry into a sales order right now its bringing all the line items including the one with 0 qty.

i did check the copy controls and right now we are using 301 copy requirement.

Please suggest me if there is standard way to avoid copying line items with qty 0 OR if there is a way to delete the items proposed using item proposal which have 0 qty at the time of saving the inquiry .either one of the options will work.

thanks

kartheek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

I could not think of a standard way to do this, probably somebody else here may provide inputs in this regard.

What you can do is insert a small ABAP Code in User exit - USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT in program MV45AFZZ to delete all the line items with quantity = 0 (zero).

This will ensure that all the Line Items with zero quantity are deleted before the document is saved. You may also issue a custom message (while saving the Inquiry) so that User is aware of this.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I checked the SAP standard document types copy controls at schedule line level (IN -> QT document types). At the schedule line category level, in copying requirements field, it looks you can use routine 501 (schedule qty > 0) to fulfill the requirement.

Regards,

former_member405498
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva Ramakrishna

i did check Copy routine 501 and its for schedule line open quantity but not for the line item Qty.

Appreciate your help.So look like i have to do it Via code changes either by changing the copy routine or deleting the line items with 0 Qty using user exit.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

p m,

if business does not enter qty, then do not let that item to be saved in quotation. This way you donot have to address this issue in copy control.

TW