cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role provisioning not working in sap idm 7.2 sp9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am not able to assign roles to the ABAP users. The 'Assign' task is not getting executed at all. No errors in the logs.

'Create', 'Delete' and 'Modify' tasks are working well.

Checked that the 'master privilege' is assigned to the user. Event tasks are linked properly to the provisioning, deprovisioning and modify tasks.

Went through a few of the threads addressing similar problem, but none of those solutions worked for me.

Any help you can provide to solve this problem is very much appreciated.

Thanks and regards

Vegesna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annapurna,

Please, check your privileges:

if you have set the Repository settings correctly, then on Privilege create you have to inherit the repository settings, so on add/modiry/remove to trigger the hook task.

BR,

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply.

@Simona, I checked the privileges and I do see our repository name in the Default repository field. However I do notice some changes in your screenshot. Instead of 'Inherited', we have 'None' in the 'validate Add task' and 'validate Remove task' fields for all the privileges, except for the ONLY privilege. There our screenshot matches yours. Here are the screenshots:

@Steffen, We assign the roles to users via UI. Status is 'OK' (we disabled the approval workflow for now). The users exist in the SAP system. We can change the account attributes like password and can enable/disable users etc. Only the 'Assign' task is not getting triggered. All the hook tasks are configured, here's the screenshot:

Please do let me know, if you need any more info.

Best regards

Annapurna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annapurna,

If you want to trigger a provisioning on add privilege(to execute hook_task_4), you should inherit the setting from your repository. Update your privileges(Add/Remove task) from None to Inherited and check again.

BR,

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona

That's it! It worked

Thank you so much for your help.

Best regards

Annapurna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No problem

BR,

Simona

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Annapurna,

Please mark Simona's answer as correct so that users will know this answer is correct when they search on it.

Thanks,

Matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Vegesna,

when reading your request a lot of question pop up in my mind: How do you assign the roles to a user? Via the UI? How's the status of the assignment then? Is it pending oder rejected?

Can you confirm that the prevailing user exists on the ABAP-Backend?

Check the repository constants for the repository you are using: Are the hook-tasks filled with values, especially the MX_HOOK4_TASK and the MX_ADD_MEMBER_TASK?

Some more information and screenshots about this could be useful.

Best,

Steffen