cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view all the standard services ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day.

I'm doing some investigation regarding gateway and Odata standard services.

I have activated gateway but then when I access transaction /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE, I actually see very standard services for business transactions.

Is there anything specific that needs to be done to activate them ?

for example, i don't see anything for offers, service orders etc. 

I am using component : SAP_GWFND : 740 SP0009 on a CRM 7 with EHP3.

Thanks for any information.

Regards,

Helder

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just keep in mind that SAP does not provide standard OData services like it does for example for BAPIs, Classes etc. This especially makes sense since OData service design has to be driven by the UI, and this approach is different from SOA. 

There are three types of Standard services available as I see.

1. From Fiori Apps: You can install various Fiori apps, which come with corresponding OData services. You can evaluate if they suit your UI/Requirements and enhance them.

2. Infrastructure Services: These are for loading Tiles, Groups, Catalogs, Personalization etc.

3. Demo services: EPM based. These are not for productive use.

Other than these, various teams within SAP create OData services for their own use for their own apps. But generally SAP does not create standard services for general use.

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

That makes a lot of sense indeed.

I just saw a few services like for the opportunity or the lead and somehow thought there will be services for all other objects.

Thanks.

Regards,

Helder

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vishnucta
Active Participant
0 Kudos

/iwfnd/maint_service doesnot provide you an interface to view all the services available like a BAPI,BOR..etc.

1)we can add service based on ALIAS configured for the Backend connected based on your requirement

2)It can either a local service or service from remote for say,Fiori services

Regards,

Vishnu

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE transaction lists all the available services for a particular system alias. In your case its 'local' . If you want to add a particular available service, select the service from the list in your screenshot and assign the package.

Regarding the services for offers etc, if these are Fiori OData services, you have to install the particular backend component and then you will see the service. You can check for detailed steps.

Regards,

Ekansh