Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant BOM not exploding for SFGs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on Variant configuration, This is my scenario

Requirement:

While creating sales order, characteristic values of variant materials like Steering, operator seat, Heater, welded doors, & welded shell have to display for selections.

I have configured as per the figure represents, here I have taken VAN, Welded Shell, Welded doors as KMAT materials and assigned Class 300 & its characteristic. Material type for Van is 25 and 70 for welded shell, doors.

Universal BOMs for Van, Welded doors, Welded shell are created using object dependencies and as well respective routings also.

But during creation of  the sales order only header material related characteristic values are only displayed. if I maintained the second level materials (Welded doors and shell) as a second line item, then I am able to display the characteristic values for selection.

How to overcome this, without maintaining the second line item in the sales order?

During MRP run - MD50 system not exploding the BOM for welded shell, welded doors why ? Please suggest me, where I am making the mistake.

Please your suggestions will be very helpful to me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

K.Sridhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Try adding the class of doors & shell to the material van. This will display all characteristics & you can configure in the sales order.

The values assigned in the top level need to be transferred to the assemblies by using procedure.

Example:

For doors use a procedure $SELF.DOOR = $PARENT.DOOR. This will copy the values from header to the lower level.

Regards,

Senthilkumar SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthilkumar,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I have already tried in that way, it's working. But the business wants to make the selection from the second level of materials/Chars only.

Cost settlement to be done against the Sales Order. Now my query, what may be the impact on the sales costing part between these two methods.

1. Selection of Materials/Chars totally from 1st level as per your suggestion.

2. Selection of Materials/Chars from 1st level and some chars from 2nd level as per my previous post.

Regards

K Sridhar

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

In first option cost should roll up to the header sales order.

Have not tried the second option. Check & let us know if there is a difference.

Regards,

Senthilkumar SD

Answers (0)