cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional data tab in /saptrx/eh_list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever I am clicking on additional data tab in event handler list, the menu bar shows test.

Again, It takes a lot time to fetch data, whenever I put data  on additional data tab to filter out specific data.

Also most of the times, short dump comes as a result (with TIME OUT ISSUE).

Is this a standard issue and if so, Is there any way to mitigate it.

Regards,

Ratnakar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnakar,

Yes, I could see "Test" below Identification menu and this is a good catch.  I don't know what the relevance on that.  As Daniel referred, these are system parameters configured in system and which brings into Additional data tab when you enter Event Handler Type.  We had this issue before but I had implemented below OSS notes for previous client and improved much better on data extraction.

Please implement these notes.

1891968 - Performance for documents with large number of items - Time Out error

1849538 - Performance optimization for data extraction to SAP EM - Optimization of data extraction in system.

Check and let me know the outcome.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Are those notes worked?  Let us know anything you found out.

Hi

Can you help on this as I don't think these SAP OSS notes can help to get improve performance on /SAPTRX/EH_LIST?

I may be wrong on this.  Please correct me.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

these notes have no impact on EH_LIST. They are for improving performance when creating EH.

As Daniel has written in the additional tab you have to be careful to enter slective values otherwise you get to many hits and time outs can occur. There is no limit as in the Webdynpro UI.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steffen...

Is there anywhere we can get SAP OSS note to optimize the run time with Additional data in EH_LIST.

This would be very helpful as we always pull the report with multiple system parameters value.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gopi,

i don't know any note that influence performance here.

Are your parameters selective?

You should then maybe run a ST05 or SAT trace and create an OSS ticket.

I normally use EH_LIST only with Tracking IDs/EH TYPE and creation date and not with System Parameters. There i could not see any issues if my entries are selective.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

Yes I had created SAP OSS message yesterday and given ST05 trace.  We have run with one system parameter and it impacted heavily performance side and it took 60 mins in background and 22 mins in foreground.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you could check is note:

2075765 - Slow processing of authorization check

If you have authorization profile defined this should speed up the check.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

My client doesn't use Authorization check, so this SAP OSS note will not help us.

Adding one additional data in selection field makes a huge difference in running EH_LIST report.

Let us know if anything we can do on performance side on EH_LIST report with "Additional Data" selection.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gopi,

i checked your trace. But there i can mostly see authorization checks.

Could you maybe attach also an SAT/SE30 trace? To see where the most runtime is spent.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

I have attached two trace analysis in SAP OSS note and found that /SAPTRX/EH_HDR and /SAPTRX/EH_AUTHR takes more time.

Please check and let me know.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffan,

I have attached another SAT trace of /SAPTRX/EH_AUTHR.  Let me know if you get a chance to look at the issue.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

i had a look but couldn't find a quick fix here. I think the colleagues from support have to analyze this on your system.

What you could check is to create on your System Parameter Table indices for the fields you query very often.

Best regards,

Steffen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess, you are referring to the "Additional Data" button on the selection screen of /SAPTRX/EH_LIST. This can be used to select EHs by their system parameter values. Therefore you first have to enter the EH Type to use this functionality. Then you have to select the additional system parameters (which are the fields of the extension table assigned to the EH Type), which you want to use. Before you then save your additional selection fields, you have to define already the search values. By clicking on "Save" you then can return back to the normal selection screen, but in the background the selection with the additional fields is already executed. Therefore there is the possibility that you can get a short dump here (e.g. because of time out), if the provided selection criteria is not very selective and leads to a (too) huge search result.

Best regards, Daniel

P.S.: I also recognized that the menu bar shows "test", but this does not have any meaning....