cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get CREATE script of calculation view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, ALL!

I know that when I activate CV in HANA, it runs a CREATE script for current Calculation View in background. How can I get text of this CREATE script?

I need to create a new same CV but change one table with another. If I do it in CV editor all relations is breaked  when I removed old table. What why I want to replace one table with another in CREATE script of this CV and run him.

Sorry for my disgusting English (((

BR, Marat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marat,

while you actually can revisit the CREATE COLUMN VIEW statements for the information models it's not going to help you much in this case.

It won't give you the design versions in the repository and there's more to activating than just run the create column VIEW command.

Lucky you, there is a build in feature in the SPS 9 modeler: Replace With Data Source.

This feature also allows to replace a table with any other possible data source, e.g. another calc view.

Just select the Data Source you want to use instead of the present one:

Here I just use a copy of my table, but I I could use any table, I'd like and do the mapping of columns:

That's it. The whole data flow "above" still remains as it was before.

- Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, Lars.

But I doesn't have such option in context menu of Projection node.

Can you give me more details about "revisit the CREATE COLUMN VIEW statements for the information models"?

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which revision of SAP HANA Studio are you using?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lars, please tell me how can I get CREATE script for CV

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The create script won't help you much here, for the mentioned reasons.

I've explained it in my book how to get to the CREATE COLUMN VIEW statement. You just display the SQL for the runtime object; it's the same as with any other object.

Go for the SPS 9 modeler for the explained feature instead.

It should work with the SPS 8 HANA and you can install it in parallel to your SPS 8 version.

- Lars

Answers (0)