cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page not print in sequence order from sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

When users print pages from sap, all pages print completely but not printing in sequence order.

Pages upto 5 to 9 print sequentially but more than 10 pages not print in sequence.

It is also found that spool request generated but output request not generated when print more than 10 pages. Some request has more than 200 pages.

Printers are network printer (no local printer)

There is no more dump (st22) or log error (sm21) related to print issue.

More detail as below:

Database : DB6

SAP : ECC 6.0

Printer configuration:

Output device : Local

Device type: SWIN

Spool access method : G

Host printer : __default

Output attributes : Process request sequentially (Checked)

Profile paramater:

rspo/global_shm/job_list     value: 300

rdisp/max_wprun_time   value: 600

Dialog process :  20

BTC :   10

Spool process : 2

Please advice how to resolve issue.

Regards,

Dev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Dev,

Have you also tried with device type SAPWIN or the device type provided by your printer vendor?
If you don't know any device type provided by printer vendor pls let me know the detail printer model
information.

For the " output request not generated" problem,Is there any error log in Tcd:SP01?

Best Regards

Jie Bai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jie for reply

Spool request generated but output request not generated for more than 10 page prints.

In Tcode : SP01 showing status as " -"

I don't have printer details yet. Only knows that printers are network printer.mapped to users local system.

is that sapwin really solve my issue?

Regards,

Dev

jie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello dev,

Status " -" means you didn't set the print option output immediately when you created the spool.

For the sequence problem,My understanding for your problem is when you print one spool request
which have more than 10 pages,the sequence is wrong.So you means 11th page is output more
quickly than 10th page,Am I correct?

If my understanding is correct and the problem is replicable(means happen every time),It should be
the problem of printer driver or printer itself.

When you use device type SWIN or SAPWIN,it will call the printer driver to printout the data.
But if you use the device type from printer vendor,No print driver is involved.

You should try with different device type or reinstall the printer driver.

Best Regards

Jie Bai

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jie,

Issue resolved after reinstalling printer driver on local system

Thanks,

Dev

peng_wen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

The wrong sequence should not be caused by SAP because all pages are in one spool.
For some kinds of the printer driver there has a similar setting like 'send the print jobs directly to printer', can you check this?

Regards,

Wen Peng

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jie,

I am not confirm with printer model but just got info that it is dot matrix printer. When user print 40 pages, First 5 to 6 pages print in sequentially and there after remaining pages print alternate order.

Has changed setting from SWIN to SAPWIN but issue not resolved.

Is there need to change any profile parameter?

There are lot of old spool request in log. Is issue will solve after clear old spool request?

Regards,

Dev

jie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

The sequence setting in tcd:SPAD only works for the case that several spool requests are printed.

So if you make sure that your problem occurs when you print ONE spool request which has more than 40 pages.I prefer it's printer setting problem.And I think it's a good trouble shooting method to print this spool from any other printer and check it's result.

Regards

Jie Bai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jie,

If one spool request has 5 pages then it prints in sequence as 1-2-3-4-5 (page no.)

if it is more than 10 pages example 20 pages then it print as 1-5-3-8-10-11-12-6-20... (alternate page print)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also it is found that every user facing same issue. and this issue comes since 1 month ago. Before 1 month it works fine.

Is that printer drivers need to install on each an every user system?

jie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Dev,

Have you done any change before problem occurs? Any change to printer?
Have you tried to print the problem spool to any other printer?Does the same problem happen or not?
Does the problem happen for all spools more than 10 pages or any specific ones?

Best Regards

Jie Bai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jie,

The sequence problem occurs to all spool request which has more than 10 page.

I still not tried any changes.