Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive update for user account's passwords

isaac_ariza_cruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

For our customer we need to create 100 users at QA system (for testing purposes). The idea is to set the same password for all of them. For that purpose, I will set my mail account for all these users and I will receive all the mails with every user account data and the idea is to set the same password for all of them.

Do you know if there is any way to change all the passwords at once instead of doing one by one (by accessing to the system with every user account and change its password)?

Thanks and best regards,

Isaac

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

isaac_ariza_cruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lazlo, Chandresh,

Thanks for your answers. However, I'm working at SAP Sourcing & CLM and SU10 solution is not useful because SAP CLM is not based on SAP GUI so transaction SU10 doesn't exist.

Thanks anyway and best regards,

Isaac

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Possibility of mass password update will depend on your actual config:

- are you On-Premise or On-Demand?

- what type of directory configuration do you use? LDAP, SSO?

From within Sourcing this mass update cannot be done, but it might be possible to do with the help of the team that manages the directory itself.

Regards,

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Isaac

We have the same scenario where we had to create 100 users and suppliers for testing purpose.

but there is no option to mass change the password in LDAP.

You will have to do it manually for all the 100 users.

Thanks

Kanchan

0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SU10, upload all the user you created and set the default password for them.

it will be assigned for all user in one go...

BR,

Chandresh.

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Isaac,

sorry if I misunderstand the question but I believe you are looking for transaction SU10.

This transaction enables mass changes to users - including password generation.

Best regards,

Laszlo