cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver Gateway 2.0 - Install in SAP R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Our netweaver 7.40 do not have abap stack, is that possible that Netweaver Gateway completely install in SAP R/3?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Regards

Choong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Choong Chan hoi,

SAP Gateway is an Abap Stack product. If your Business Suite is on Abap Stack you can install Gateway in it.

If Gateway(Front End system) and Business suite(Back End Systems ) are on same system , it is called as Embedded deployment.

If front end and back end are on separate systems , it is called as Hub Deployment.

Please have a look at this document to understand different deployment options of SAP Gateway.

It is always recommended to separate the systems and install in HUB Deployment to separate the maintenance and development activities of Gateway and Business suite.

Regards

Virinchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virinchy,

Thank for your information provided. I have Netweaver 7.4 java stack for portal and using OData on SMP v3.0 for iOS mobile, Since I'm doing native OData app for iOS mobile so the SAP Netweaver Gateway is required.

In my environment, Netweaver 7.4 is different machines than SAP R3. so is that consider the Front End system is different than Back End systems?

If the Netweaver and SAP R3 is different machines, possible it can install as Embedded deployment ?

Regards,

Choong

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If Gateway and R3 are two different machines, it is not an embedded deployment. You may check this link for various deployment scenarios

Regards,

Ekansh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ekansh,

Thanks for your reference provided. In my environment that Netweaver(JAVA only) and ECC is in different machine. My deployment scenarios is "Central Hub Deployment — Development in SAP Business Suite Backend System" ?

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Regards,

Marcus

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to use Gateway on Java, please have a look for odata4j

Otherwise, Yes, if you are developing the service in the backend and registering it on Front end system on a different machine, its "Central Hub Deployment-Development in the backend".

Regards,

Ekansh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ekansh,

Thanks for helping me out of this, I'm greatly appreciated it.

Besides this, I have another question create in another discussion like the following. Hope you can advise.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3726920

Thank you.

Regards

Choong

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184739
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it a Java stack ? For Ex : SAP PO . Thanks

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Discussion successfully moved from SAP for Mobile to SAP Gateway as more appropriate community for this question.

Regards, Mike (Moderator)