cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not able to install license for PRD server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

i am trying to install license for PRD server i have applied and received file from SAP when i am trying to install it shows following error

i have installed for IDES server license it got installed successfully

i want install maintenance certificate for the PRD server for spam updation  

what could be the reason behind that

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before you request new license key from service marketplace, can you check your system data for SID AEP is maintained correctly:

hardware key

system number

installation number

If your license file has both entries I had this same problem the other day, I had to delete the already installed licenses before it would accept my new ones.

Good luck

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

I have checked hardware key , system number , installation number all are correct.

If i deleted my existing license my server will work people are able to logged in to system  this is my PRD server i will send my download file

Kindly suggest

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

It through following error

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't know what you changed since the original error but your error is now different.

SAP Note # 1989165 - read_line in module likeyfil.c error when installi license via slicense

should help you with your new problem.

"Open the saved license file with notepad and save it with encoding set to "Unicode" , then install the license via T-cd: SLICENSE again. "

KR,

A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems the license file is saved in different format. Refer the below note:

1989165 - read_line in module likeyfil.c error when installi license via slicense

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

Thanks for all your support my problem has been resolved i would like to close this thread

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra,

Do let us know how the first issue ("Begin SAP License"expected) was resolved.

regards,

pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra,

The below note will help you.

1027769 - Installing old vs. digitially signed license keys

regards,

pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are on basis 7.31 basis release how to install old license key and digitally signed license keys

Can you brief

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra,

On 731.

1. /nSAPLICENSE and hit F6 key or click on

2. Select the license file that SAP sent to you. The license will be imported from that file.

KR,

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

I did the same thing but nothing goes in my way it show same error

should i delete Netweaver ORA license and install both at a time

Kindly suggest

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

I wouldn't delete the ORA license as this is your production system. If you encounter the same problem when trying to reinstall your ORA license as you are encountering with your maintenance license then you'd have real problem.

What I would do is download the maintenance license file again from SAP.

Q) The file you have been trying with so far. Has it been copied from one type of system to another ?

A)

Q) Have you checked the file for trailing blanks etc ? There should be no blanks at the end of each line and there should be no blank lines between each entry. The first line in the file should also be

"----- Begin SAP License -----"

A)

KR,

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

I have downloaded  new file from SMP it also give same error in both i have checked there are no trailing blanks

Regards

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra

Before download the license file.have you check the hardware key is correct in SAP SMP? could you refer the youtube video cilps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of2CP9Jjbnk

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmm ...

What is your SAP version/patch level and what is your kernel version ?

Do you any possibility to restart your IDES system and try again after the restart?

Your permanent license is already installed and all you want to do is install the maintenance license. To be honest I don't know if that works for IDES systems.

Now when I renew a maintenance license (cert) and then download the license file, I always have two entries in the file. One for the permanent license and another for the Maintenance_ORA.

A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

I did all with IDES it works fine but we have Problem arise in PRD server in which we have Netweaver_ORA file and try to install Maintenance_ORA i have download both file at once when i try to install it through error while installing permanent license key

i wrote to sap also they also not able to suggest the proper things which can work for me

give some suggestion which can work for me

Thanks in advance

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

So what do we know.

When you restart your IDES system you are able to install the license.

You cannot install the license in your PROD system.

There's only two ways forward I see with this.

1. You wait for SAP to help you out.

2. You plan a restart of the PROD instance with the business as this seems to have resolved your issue on your IDES.

BTW .... you still never gave me your SAP product and version as well as your kernel version.

Cheers,

A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

Is both system are same or different?

if different systems please check the System number and installation number is correct for PRD system that you tried to generate the maintenance certificate.

Regards

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

both are different one is on windows and another is on AIX

all are correct i have checked them thoroughly

i will check all things once again

i took  hardware key from os level saplicense ‑get from hardware key i have applied for license

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sir,

if possible, please share the license key file. we will go through it.

Regards

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

----- Begin SAP License -----

SAPSYSTEM=AEP

HARDWARE-KEY=V1352151666

INSTNO=0020605843

BEGIN=20150330

EXPIRATION=20150630

LKEY=MIIBOwYJKoZIhvcNAQcCoIIBLDCCASgCAQExCzAJBgUrDgMCGgUAMAsGCSqGSIb3DQEHATGCAQcwggEDAgEBMFgwUjELMAkGA1UEBhMCREUxHDAaBgNVBAoTE215U0FQLmNvbSBXb3JrcGxhY2UxJTAjBgNVBAMTHG15U0FQLmNvbSBXb3JrcGxhY2UgQ0EgKGRzYSkCAgGhMAkGBSsOAwIaBQCgXTAYBgkqhkiG9w0BCQMxCwYJKoZIhvcNAQcBMBwGCSqGSIb3DQEJBTEPFw0xNTAzMzEwNDE1NTZaMCMGCSqGSIb3DQEJBDEWBBTxY0F/3nHSCh/srlMemwAg2RaS3DAJBgcqhkjOOAQDBC8wLQIVAJwnWkbFHqYuEokoojuCVq+/K7jpAhRtiIm2Kxk357akDSftUSLgRy2JTg==

SWPRODUCTNAME=Maintenance_ORA

SWPRODUCTLIMIT=2147483647

SYSTEM-NR=000000000311449607

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Got any idea where we went wrong

Kindly suggest

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

I just compared your license file with ours also, i don't get any difference in that, looks everything fine. have you tried to delete the existing key and install the both permanent and maintenance license key at a time? we did one time in our environment, it worked.

but my fear is, this is a production system.

Have you tried to install it from command line?

Regards

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

i am also concern with the same thing. have you tried that delete both license and re install it on any server now i will try this with IDES server and get back to you

Regards