cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Heuristics creating excess production.. can someone assist?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

looking for assistance with the below issue we are having.  does anyone know a solution?

SNP Heuristics creating excess production in one bucket when you run Location Heuristics multiple times without leaving the SNP book. Note, this is happening at multiple locations with multiple products. This also happens when you plan at one location, switch to another location, and plan without leaving the book. Causing issues when you need to plan across a network after fixing issue. Have to back out of book and go back in each time when planning at multiple locations.

How I am replicating this issue:

Go into SNP Book. INV Prod Loc Book 3.
Enter product 1000909
Location 5009, 5429, 2103
Edit Mode - Run Location Heuristic
Should plan fine
Hit save
Run location heuristic again
This causes the system to plan very high amount (ignoring lot size data) in 1 weekly bucket.
Again, this happens at the same location, happens at multiple locations.

Once you save, you need to back out of SNP completely then back in. After that, it runs fine until you try to run SNP Heuristics again without leaving the SNP Book.
Screenshots sent to Don Bender and attached in case

Thanks

Jenny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jenny,

Have you had your question answered yet?

We have the same issue and have isolated it down to the products that have a different base UOM than the UOM of the planning area.  In our case the UOM of the planning area is KG and the base UOM of the products might be cases or LBs but the problem does not occur when the product base UOM matches the planning area.  KG and KG.  The first time we run the network heuristic the production is planned correctly based on the minimum lot size/round values from the product master in the base UOM the second time with run it without exiting the data view it changes the rounding value to KG equivalents.  In other words it will more than double the amount  exactly 2.2046 time as much.  if it is a product with  2 KGs per case it will reduce the rounding value by 1/2.  This has not become critical for us yet, because we rarely run network heuristics back to back interactively.  But I sure would like to fix this if you or SAP come up with a fix.  We have tried forcing the UOM on the lotsize but that does not make a difference, even though the help says if you leave it blank it will be inthe base UOM.

Please respond if you have a solution.  This is easy to reproduce, It just is a hard one to explain to the users.

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am curious what SAP says also.

But SNP heuristics is a very simple engine basically satisfying backlog.  The backlog is based / determined from macros.   So what is the backlog?  It will not create an order just for fun.  There must be a macro or reason (UOM) that results in SNP Heuristics "thinking" it needs to create a new order.

Did you try to deactivate all macros?

Also unhide all key figures. 

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenny,

Please check macro Stock balance if is active and if is taking in consideration the stock on hand. Also the SNP Macros have to be assigned to the SNP planning book by default. 

Thanks,

Regards, Marius 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marius

sorry it took so long to reply back.. here is what we believe is the issue.  it appears to be related to UOM issue if there is no uom conversion factors set up between the parent UOM and a alt UOM.

Have you seen this before and know what to do to fix the issue?

Below is what my coworker has tested and stated as what the cause is. hopefully this makes sense.

Issue : This issue only occurs  when SNP heuristics is run manually(twice-through only foreground) on a Product with UOM  other than ‘CS’ where the conversion factor b/w ‘CS’ and alternate UOM is not 1:1. You can basically provide the same product/location combination to SAP for further investigation. I have a selection id ‘TESTSELECTION’ on ZSNP_CAG_INVPB_SP/3_WEEKLY_PRODLOC planning book for reference.

Message was edited by: Jenny Adams The issue is occurring when the heuristics is run on a Product criteria BUOM is not ‘CS’ and UOM conversion is greater than 1.

Message was edited by: Jenny Adams added pix of uom

cyrille_woicki
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jenny,

for such kind of issue, I would suggest that you open an incident ticket on component SCM-APO-SNP-HEU and provide all the details information to reproduce the issue.

Best regards,

Cyrille.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenny,

If UOM conversion factor is correct maintained (for all SKUs) the SNP heuristic should manage it.

If the UOM is not maintained the below note maybe can help you:

1563400  - Inconsistent SNP Heuristic run: undefined UoM conversion  

Symptom

You are running SNP Location Heuristic on a product in Interactive Planning which does not have a conversion factor from the base UoM to the UoM of the planning area. Heuristic drops an information message
"Unit conversion not possible from ST to KG" and does not perform
the planning. However if you run it once again, you experience that it will run and plan without issues.

Other Terms

SNP Heuristic, Unit of Measure, Conversion factor

Reason and Prerequisites

Program error

Solution

Implement attached code corrections

If the note not help you should open a message to SAP support. 

Do you have the same issue if you run Network Heuristic instead to Location Heuristic?

Thanks, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marius

we do have UOM set up for the product and it appears to be related to location heurstics only if you run it once, then re run again without even leaving the page.. the qty's will duplciation  i do have screen s hots that can be provided.. will try to find a way to link it to the post.

i will be opening an incident soon.

Message was edited by: Jenny Adams screen shots of results The issue is occurring when the heuristics is run on a Product criteria BUOM is not ‘CS’ and UOM conversion is greater than 1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenny,

After re run heuristic how many orders do you have? One or more orders? To see double click on the cell or right click and choose details.

Thanks, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

i see only 1 message first time i run heuristics, after i save it and re run heuristics, i get a different message with the incorrect qty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you notice.. after the 2nd run of the heuristics after saving the first run, the weekly bucket qty's have been lumped up to one bucket now... see screen shots

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK Jenny. You must contact SAP support with the highest priority (if the issue is in the production environment).

Good luck!

Thanks, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok will do.. thanks for your help Marius... much appreciated.