cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps Fiori for PPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I was looking for any existing apps for PPM. I've found one fact sheet that could support our requirements.

However it's necessary to have Suite EHP7 on HANA, and company's roadmap is to migrate only in 2017.

I also know there the analytical or Smart Business that are other options for sidecar scenario, that it's our case.

I would like to know how it's the process for this second scenario (sidecar):

Is it something like HANA Live to import in HANA Studio?

Is it necessary to install the add-on in backend and frontend? How does it work?

Would I have the same features of a fact sheet?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Kind Regards

Amanda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196555
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amanda,

I can try to explain you side-car approach.

Using this approach the required tables from traditional database is ported to HANA DB using SLT (SAP Landscape Transformation) system.

RFC and DB connections are then established. Further, the required reports that are to be executed in ECC are used in such a way that SELECT statements are re-directed to HANA rather than using traditional DB.

I am not sure if you can use PPM application directly on side-car. All I can confirm is SELECTs from certain SAP standard reports (e.g. MB51) and custom developments can be re-directed to HANA.

Regards,

Harshad.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amanda,

Fiori has 3 types of Apps

1.) Transactional Apps - run on any DB

2.) Analytical Apps - only run in HANA but supports sidecar

3.) Factsheets - only run on suite on HANA

In case of Analytical apps, HANA content(including HANA Live and HANA Smart Business App content) is installed in the HANA Server.

Similarly you have to install required components in Gateway server also.

HANA provides data( from Views) and Odata services are called from Gateway and it also provides the UI component for these apps

You can check the below link for more information:

SAP Fiori App Types and Database Requirements - SAP Fiori for SAP Business Suite - SAP Library

Regards,

Vivek