Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log / see response of synchronous soap call

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the following scenario: legacy CRM system (soap) --> SAP PI --> 3rd party web service provider (soap). I'm on PI 7.4 AEX SP 7.

Problem is that I get error in message monitoring stating "HTTP Error response for SOAP request or invalid content-type.; HTTP 200 OK" and I would like to see if the 3rd party is really sending proper XML in the expected format.

Is there a simple way, without using XPI Inspector or having basis increase tracing level to see what 3rd party is sending back as synchronous response to PI?

I know about staging and logging and also about MessageLoggerBean http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1815991 and also tried with SAP diagnostic header in soap header of request. But no luck... (maybe it's as simple as that it's getting late where I live, so I don't see the obvious)

--> So is there any "easy" way to get the response if all possible even in message monitoring and  specific to a single scneario

Many  thanks and kind regards

Jens

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jens,

You try testing 3rd party web service using SOAPUI (test SOAP) or Postman - REST Client - Chrome Web Store (test HTTP).

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

sorry, was a bit in a hurry yesterday and forgot to mention / clearly state:

1. I am successfully able to send and receive valid soap responses using soapUI. But I'm getting back an error on PI and would like to track that down

2. I'm in an error scenario and do not see any response in message monitoring even if I set logging to AM step

I'll talk to basis today to have either a XPI Inspector trace or to increase tracing level but the original question remains, if in such situations one could see the (raw) response without the mentioned tools.

The reason I'm asking for alternatives to XPI Inspector and or tracing level is that those two options are restricted to basis. I as a developer may not set them up / change them which makes troubleshooting a little bit more complicated that it maybe needs to be.

(Of course one could argue that developer should have rights  to change tracing level or commence a XPI inspector trace but such restrictions are due to legal reasons at our company and not easily to be changed)

Many thanks and kind regards

Jens

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jens

With AM step logged on the iFlow of the synchronous scenario, I can see the response payload in the AM log version.

But my guess is you are asking this for an erroneous scenario, right? Unfortunately, don't really have a SOAP scenario available for me to quickly test it out right now.

Rgds

Eng Swee

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

As mentioned by Raghu, use SOAP UI. This issue is happening because URL mentioned in Receiver SOAP Channel is wrong.

Regards,

Nabendu.

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nabendu,

thanks for your suggestion. I already use soapUI for testing and can successfully send / receive with it. See my general answer below.

About the URL being wrong: That is not the case. I double  checked this and URL is valid. Ping from receiver channel tells me that I reach the enpoint.

Tracing on our corporate proxy and firewall also say that I'm reaching the endpoint (when sending from PI).

--> So it all boils down to something in the like of: I'm sending different data from PI that I do with soapUI and / or 3rd party responses back non interpretable / non XML data in case of PI sender.

Cheers

Jens