cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM / VDS / IDM Attribute Mapping

former_member2987
Active Contributor

Hi folks!

So we have a bunch of attributes in SAP that start with SYHR, and we have a couple of questions about them.

1. How are these fields mapped to IDM? We've found some information in Identity Management for SAP System Landscapes: Configuration Guide, but we are looking for something more.  It seems attributes mapped in the PNP database (or tables?) is not shown that clearly.  Our Business Analysts want more information.

2. It seems most of these fields are calculated somehow. As a bonus, we'd like to know how these fields are calculated in the first place.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure how well the document reflects the attribute mapping in the transfer event task in the Staging Id Store. I guess that you need to both look at the document and the event task in Staging Id Store that moves the data to Productive Id Store to see all the attribute mappings.

The real question is how would you need to map them between HCM and IdM. It's pretty normal requirement analysis work to figure out what to export. You should only export relevant attributes.

I am not sure about "calculated attributes" and I am not an ABAP'per, but if you have HCM-consultants on site have them analyze the query definition shipped with HCM. Any transformation that takes place should be in the query and it's data mappings.

I wrote this while ago, won't give you any technical tips etc but more of what I've faced in HCM-integration:

regards, Tero

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, Tero.  I'll be sending this around to some of the people on the project for a closer look.

Matt

Answers (0)