cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI error With Load Runner VuGen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a strange situation when recording with SAPGUI 7.4 using LR 12.02.

I enabled both Client side and Server side scripting using RZ11 and setting parameter "sapgui/user_Scripting"  Current value=TRUE.

Now,

One scenario: SAPGUI already launched on Desktop. Not logged in. Just launched. When i open Vugen and start recording, Opens and records fine and i can see ECC and CRM components on SAP LOGON.

Second scenario: SAPGUI not Launched. Gave the SAPLOGON.exe path in VuGen and tried launching it from VuGen for Scripting. Vugen Launches SAP NET WEAVER LOGON but doesnt show any ECC or CRM components on the right side. Its just blank. Not able to figure out why. Do i need admin privileges to launch 740 from VuGen? or is it a SAPGUI 740 incompatibility?

I know SAP LOGON must and should be launched from VuGen to start recording transactions.

Any tips on why this is happening. Thanks and appreciate ur help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

******SOLVED*******

The VuGen is not catching up with the ".ini" Extension of SAPLOGON sitting on the desktop.

Go to SAP GUI OPTIONS -> SAP logon options -> Local configuration files -> Change path of "Local Configuration files" to -> The directory where .Ini File in installed.

Hope it helps somebody here. Thanks for the help again.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have experience with this but did you look around? I found this immediately on SCN:

Make sure you have same version (including the patch level) on all three components i.e. VuGen (desktop), Load generator and Controller (ALM). In case you are using VuGen & SAPGUI, same version (including the patch level) for SAPGUI for your desktop and load-generators.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for replying.

Yes i have been looking around for past two weeks, but found nothing on this.

I dint yet go to Load generators. Just started with VuGen and this is happening. Yet to install ECC and CRM on controller machines and Generators.

But i am stuck right in the beginning. I have SAPGUI 740 on my desktop and just trying to launch it from VuGen and doesnt show up any components. But if launched prior to Vugen recording, works fine. Its weird and never came across such situation earlier.