cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Naming Archiving IDOCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have setup IDOC Arching and it is working with out issue's. However we have a request to name the archive by the IDOC  type. Either EDI or BW etc. How can we do this? Right now it comes out like BC_IDOC_20150330_094233_0.ARCHIVE.

We would like EDI_IDOC_20150330_094233_0 or BW_IDOC_20150330_094233_0

Is this possible? What we tried was to copy the Object type IDOC to EDI_IDOC. Then copy ARCHIVE_DATA_FILE to Z_ARCHIVE_DATA_FILE.

Then I changed the name in Z_ARCHIVE_DATA_FILE name to EDI_<DATE>_<TIME>.ARCHIVE.

I then I assigned the EDI_<DATE>_<TIME>.ARCHIVE logical file name to the EDI_IDOC Object created. I then run the archive program and it works but the name remains the same as BC_IDOC_20150330_094233_0.ARCHIVE . I noticed the name of the archive file only takes what logical file name that is assigned to the IDOC object.

So if I assign logical file name Z_ARCHIVE_DATA_FILE to IDOC it does name it EDI_<DATE>_<TIME>.ARCHIVE.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Joshua,

You have done the right things to change the name of the archive files.

Since every archive object has its own write, delete and read programs,

you need to modify the programs also.

In my opinion, your EDI_IDOC object write program is using the customizing of the object IDOC.

If you change the programs accordingly you may succeed in naming differently.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yuksel - Thank you for the info. Unfortunately, I don't know how to change the programs. But it makes sense what you said.

Thank you

Answers (0)