cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trace.txt file cannot be opened

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We currently face the issue that it's not possible anymore to open any trace.txt file from the import overview:

When clicking on the link to the file another browser tab opens up and shows the following message:

We checked as enterprise user for available logs:

In the highlighted log we found an entry related to the opening of a trace.txt file:

In addition we checked with the tool HTTP watch (basic edition) for additional details but only found a hint related to a http 404 error:

We also checked with our internal IT if there is any issue related to the server but they couldn't find anything wrong or suspicious. They suspect the error to come from SAP Sourcing.

Do you have any idea what might cause this behaviour or where we can check in addition to find the root cause of this? Any indication is very appreciated.

Thank you,

Florian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

I would suggest opening an OSS message so that we can take a deeper look and analyze..

Please attach the vendor XML payload that SAP Sourcing is trying to import (that is failing) and also the log file .. Please also let us know if you are attempting to upload any custom data (like attachments etc) and have custom scripts running..

As a quick check you may try turning off any custom scripts and see if the import works..

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. The vendor upload from the screenshot was just an example. The main issue is that we cannot open any trace.txt file from any import overview, no matter what kind of data we uploaded or if the import was successful or failed.

Is it possible that custom scipts also prevent opening these trace files? If so I'm happy to turn off custom scripts and test it.

I will post the rest results here asap.

Thank you,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Florian,

No this should not be because of scripts. Did you try to see if any pop-up blockers are responsible for this you may also try with a different browser to isolate the issue..

Prasad