Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding SLT configuration

former_member226419
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to develop one report in which some sales tables line VBAK,VBAP etc needs to be moved from ABAP to HANA server.

I have couple of questions here.

a.) Regarding SLT configuration , will it be done by developers or BASIS will do the same?

b.) Now when I am clicking on Data provisioning, it says 'Data provisioning is not configured, contact system administrator', I am using one ABC user in HANA, and I think for this below roles are required.

SchemaName_DATA_PROV

SchemaName_POWER_USER

SchemaName_SELECT_USE

SchemaName_USER_ADMIN

So these will be provided by admin only means basis guys?

BR

Sumeet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member226419
Contributor
0 Kudos

Also one more question. When I am trying to create new configuration using LTR, and when I give existing RFC connection, it says 'insufficient privilege'. So here all config steps including creating RFC configuration and LTR will be done by BASIS guys only?

Sorry if I ask any wrong question since I am learning HANA on my own. I am using one emote desktop connectin for HANA and when I click Data provisioning it says 'Not configured'. Please help me with your inputs.

former_member221632
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, they need to be done by Basis Team. The below OSS note can be followed to create the configuration

1972009 - How to create an SLT Configuration Step-by-Step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumeet

As mentioned, the configuration steps needs to be done by the basis team. The need to create a RFC Connection in SLT to ECC before creating the configuration. The specified user in the RFC should have all the necessary privileges. Then they need to make a DB Connection to HANA Database and for that also they need to create a Separate user or use the existing ones.

The note given above has detailed steps to create a SLT Configuration. Ask your basis team to follow them carefully and then you can provision the tables from ECC to HANA.

Mahesh Shetty