Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User's Default storage location - Delivery

antonio_bruno
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can i fix a default storage location for a specific delivery type? maybe also specific for user. I've found DLVLGORT (SU01) but doesn't work with (DELTSTOR).

Thanks and regards.

Antonio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Assign a storage location determination rule to your delivery type. This can be done at the following customising:

> SPRO

> Logistics Execution

> Shipping

> Picking

> Determine Picking Location

> Define Rules for Picking Location Determination

In here, choose a value = "YY" for the delivery type.

2) By choosing "YY" in step 1, this means that the system will use user exit EXIT_SAPLV02V_002 to determine the storage location. In this user exit, you can specify the storage location to be used.

Hope this helps.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Antonio,

This is an interesting requirement, can you give the reason / business justification?

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

Create new Z Table with the combination of delivery type,plant,shipping point,storage condition.

EXIT_SAPLV02V_002

Regards,

mahaboob shaik

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

mahaboob, MoazzaM,

The storage location rule is assigned to the delivery type and based on this rule, the storage location is determined in delivery. How will you handle this storage location rule?

TW

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW

Did you mention my name here?

Thank$

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MoazzaM,

Yes, I addressed you also, as you had liked mahaboob's post

It will be informative to hear from you.

TW

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why opt for creating an Ztable, when its possible to meet the requirement through standard way as explained by Noel above.

it will be an extra effort and unnecessary data maintenance. Noel's solution will meet this requirement, is what I feel.

Thanks

Jobi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW

I like that post because I'd also suggest that solution. Creating Z table and maintaining combination in Z table and writing code in some userexit to determine storage location from that Z table is something different from standard storage location determination rule.

Thank$

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MoazzaM,

Just for my knowledge am asking this. You say that, you like it because its different from std SL determination rule.

Is deviating from a std rule better than using the std function..? I have heard from many that, if possible we have to follow std configurations. Will be great to hear from your experience.

Thanks

Jobi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jobi,

I think Noel's suggestion is non-standard, requiring development.

I see some overlap between my post and his, there is a storage location rule that needs to be created and assigned to the delivery type, Noel explains that in point 1.

TW

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If we have to create new shipping point just for determining a storage location for one user only on other side we can do this with some customization and a Z table, I'd prefer Z table. Creating shipping point only for one user doesn't sound good to me. Everyone has his own views and this thing varies from company to company too.

Thank$

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Noel suggestion is standard. But need to use the User exit.  The storage location rule 'YY' is standard available in ECC 6.0, its facilitates the use of user exit. By using that, we can avoid the ZTable.

Regards

Jobi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jobi,

thanks for your post! yes storage location rule YY is available but still requires coding (development). If you are clear, can you explain exactly what is to be done in the userexit, taking this requirement as an example?

Noel can you comment too.

Thanks!

TW

antonio_bruno
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help.

I'm talking with our developer to find the solution.

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Antonio's requirement is:

"How can i fix a default storage location for a specific delivery type? maybe also specific for user. I've found DLVLGORT (SU01) but doesn't work with (DELTSTOR)."

So this is actually 2 requirements:

Requirement 1: Specific Delivery Type

Requirement 2: User specific

Requirement 1: The storage location rule is already assigned to the delivery type in the customising I specified above. So you would just need to out the following code in user exit EXIT_SAPLV02V_002:

ELGORT = '<StorageLocationValue>'.

Alternatively, you could also use:

IF IF_LAGOF-LFART = '<DeliveryTypeValue>'.

ENDIF.

Requirement 2: This requirement is not as easily met. In requirement 1, we have the delivery type readily available to use (in 2 places). However, we do not have authorisation objects readily available to us in the user exits. I can think of the following options.

a) Hard code the user names into the user exit. For example:

IF SY-UNAME = <'UserNameValue>'.

ENDIF.

Clearly, there is a disadvantage to this as if a new user comes onto the system, the code needs to be updated.

b) Create a Z authorisation object and put code akin to this in the user exit:

AUTHORITY-CHECK OBJECT '<ZAuthorisationObjectValue>'

IF SUBRC = 0.

ELSE.

[Whatever the else logic is]

ENDIF.

I would be reluctant to use a standard authorisation object here because it may have impacts on other areas of the system. For example, user may suddenly not be authorised to do something elsewhere in the system that they should be able to so.

If the 2 requirements is actually 1 requirement and you want to determine the storage location based on the delivery type AND the user authorisation, then you combine the above code.

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Fantastic Noel,

Really appreciate how well and perfectly you have given the solution.

Kudos to your helping nature

Thanks

Jobi

antonio_bruno
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Noel.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

excellent noel! thanks! tw

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a different Shipping Point for that delivery type so that you can default the storage location in configuration.  Else, you have to try with user exit.

G. Lakshmipathi