cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution manager 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to install ABAP stack only for solution manager 4.0 SR2. or is it compalsary to install ABAP+Java. Thanks.

Regards

kris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if it is an upgrade thne yes you can run Stanalone ABAP , but if it is a fresh installation you have to install ABAP+JAVA . SMD in Solution manager requires Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've just finished the SM4.0 instalation and had ot install both. You need to make sure the Java parameters are correct according to the instalation manuals. I had some trouble getting the JAVA to saty up has it kept going down, once again make sure after install you follow manual for the JAVA parameters.

Have fun with it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Solman 2.0 is a ABAP system.

Solman 3.2 came with JAVA system.

Solman 4.0 is a ABAP+JAVA system. It has to be together. You can't go for the standalone one.

Follow the link service.sap.com/solutionmanager or help.sap.com/solution manager.

Reward with suitable points.

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kris

SAP Solution Manager 4.0 is an ABAP+Java system.

An ABAP+Java System can be the result of

an ABAP+Java installation

a Java Add-In installation for an already existing ABAP system

Mandatory instances of an ABAP+Java system are the central instance, the central services instance, and the database instance.

Also take a look at the installation guide -->

<a href="https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/instguides">https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/instguides</a>

There go to SAP Components --> SAP Solution Manager --> Release 4.0

You will then get a list of pdf's with information, for installation choose the appropriate one for your operation system / database:

<i>For example for IBM AIX + Oracle</i>

Inst. Guide SAP Solution Manager 4.0 SR1 AIX - Oracle

<b>Please reward points if this answer was useful</b>

Solved My Problem 10

Very Helpful 6

Helpful 2

Kind regards

Tom