Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy same value while result recording for sampling qty

former_member184737
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are doing sampling inspection for some of critical parts. We need to do result recording with different inspection characteristics.We defined the sampling qty based on nature of critical. Suppose for a specific material if i fix sampling qty as 20 and the material having around 15 inspection characteristics results need to be register. User wants to enter the result value one by one for each and every characteristics for each and every sample qty. It will be more time consuming. Is there any option user wants to copy the same value(result) for all the sample qty per inspection characteristic and latter will be change the value if there is any deficiency/deviation before save the result while doing result recording. We want to know is there any way to do this. Is there any better alternative to reduce the manual entry? please suggest

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you looked at QE72?

In here you can record one value, and quickly do a copy and paste the other samples.

Craig

former_member184737
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried with QE72. If i click 'Maintain Result recording', it will open the transaction QE01. ( I guess, the same QE01 we can able to access from QA32 by clicking 'result record'. In RR screen, if we double click on the result value field) Here, after enter the value for first sample qty then copy the value and paste it for the remaining sample qty one by one not by whole ( for example sample qty is 25). Is there any special function to copy the value for all the remaining sample qty at once? Any suggestion

Thanks

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No.. you still have to paste them in one by one.  but once you past in like 5, you can copy and past the 5 and paste in 5 at a time.

Craig

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member184737
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for your reply. I have already checked that link it was copied the result from another lot. In my case i want to copy the same value for all the sample qty per inspection characteristics within a lot. For example, Diameter range (5 to 7), sample qty is 20. General diameter for the specific material is 6. 17 out of 20 sample qty having the diameter value as 6, remaining 3 having value as 7. In these case i want to copy diameter value as 6 for all the sampling qty 20, latter user will change the diameter value from 6 to 7 for only 3 qty.At present, user needs to enter the value one by one for each and every characteristics for all sampling qty. Any other suggestion please.

Thanks

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

Please can you also confirm if you are using physical sample management? or how are you distinguishing individual samples with qty??

Though I have not tested such a process before, I think if we can track the tables associated with samples (ex; QPRS-PHYNR, QAPP-PROBENR, etc), then we can try building some enhancements to fix this issue using the below exits -

a) QEEM0011  User exit: add. functions before valuating insp. characteristics

b) QEEM0012  User exit: add. functions before valuating partial sample

Logic 1: Use this exit to check the input value and pass on the input value form one sample to all other samples for the same inspection lots (this is the link we need to consider). While passing the input value, make sure that the MIC status for other samples are "2".

c) QEEM0015  User exit: add. functions after entering individual res

Logic 2: While the input result form one MIC for one sample is suppose to be copied to all samples (same MIC) with status "2",  it should be noted that in case if an existing MIC has already have some results recorded, then that value not be superimposed (changed) by this new logic. Thus, if 20/20 samples gets the value 6, and you later replace 3 values to 7, then these changed value is not overwriting the previous recorded values. User can manually change it as appropriate.

Main challenge I can foresee:

With such an enhancement working in the background, the 1st result recorded MIC value will be copied to all sample - same MIC based on inspection plan. Now let us consider the an example -

Sample # 1 - 5, value = 6

Sample # 6 - 10, value =  7

Sample # 11 - 15, value = 8

Sample # 16 - 17, value = 9

Sample # 18, value = 10

Sample # 19, value = 11

Sample # 20, value = 12

If the above proposed logic works fine for us, then the possible issue will be, when the MIC result 6 is recorded for sample 1, the same value will get copied to all samples 1 - 20. Now user need to physically change the value for sample 6 - 10 to new value 7 and so on. Means, there will be lots or manual iterations involved in copying results like that, and would have reverse impact later!!

Please can you speak to your client and explain the implications of having such enhancements working in background.

Paralelly, you can try creating some cockpit result recording transaction copying QA32 + QE51N with a custom layout, where all the samples are displayed in 1st column and all other MIC's form inspection plan is displayed in subsequent columns, ready for result recording. Though I am not sure if such a thing is ever been tried by someone or not in SCN!!

These are just my thoughts.

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member184737
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Arijit Banerjee,

Yes, you are correct. In this case, for example most of the individual sample having different value then user do individual entry. If user knows that most of the sample qty has same value, then copy the same value to all the sample qty. We didn't expect that by default the same value to be copied to all the sample qty but it depends on user decision based on result value.I didn't get the query about physical sample management. User do result recording for the individual sample qty to track the quality deficiencies against each and every characteristics. It will help to analyse and ask the supplier/in house team to check the particular area if the quality issue happens regularly on specific characteristics. I hope this is for analysis purpose to check and meet the standard of the quality of the material.

Thanks

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

Thanks for your feedback.

Well, the query I asked on samples is to check how you are presently validating & tracking individual "Samples" in SAP. This feedback would have helped us to track the background tables and can suggest you some feedback to develop your enhancements

The alternate option I can think of here is to upload inspection results through some custom transaction, where you can make a excel spreadsheet with results based on Samples, MIC's, values, etc, and upload at a stretch.  I think this could be a better option, as the results would be stored in the database result table in background with status "2".

Thanks,

Arijit